An injured Latonia Blackman (left) constantly split Shottas’ defenders Carla Boyce (second left) and Davina Young. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- Jamaican group completes take-over of Trinidad insurance company Read More
- Government ‘losing out’ on taxes Read More
- World Cup squad unchanged Read More
- Twin sisters on the rise Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- ‘All agreed’ on Crop of changes Read More
Knockout queens Guardian Group Pride of Villa and ace player Latonia Blackman are one game away from achieving local netball glory after crushing Wow Shottas 66-34 when Division one action continued on Wednesday night at the Netball Stadium.
That result carried Villa to a 5-0 record and a maximum 25 points with the rescheduled match against St Barnabas being the sole threat to a first league crown.
In addition, Blackman, who shot 34 goals from 35 attempts before taking a sit down, is 21 goals away from reaching 200 for 2019.
The newly promoted Shottas were always going to be in trouble against the smoking Villa and that looked grimmer with former Barbados netballer and basketballer Wanda Agard-Belgrave sitting out the first three quarters. (KB)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.