Valerie Moran (CNN)
- Blow to Digicel Read More
- Entrepreneurs making pitch for chance of a lifetime Read More
- Concern over spike in drug violations Read More
- QC and Foundation in final clash Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- HBO, Game of Thrones lead nominations for TV’s Emmy awards Read More
LONDON – Fintech entrepreneur Valerie Moran is the sole black female in the top 1 000 people of The Sunday Times’ annual Rich List, which ranks Britain’s super-wealthy.
Moran, who was born in Zimbabwe, is jointly worth an estimated £122 million (US$158.6 million) alongside her husband, Noel, ranking them as the joint 970th richest people in Britain.
The couple hold an 81.5 per cent stake in their fintech organisation, Prepaid Financial Services, which specialises in financial technology. Moran herself holds a 16.3 per cent share of the company.
Moran currently acts as head of client relations and operations. She was previously the organization’s implementation project manager and its first official employee when it was founded in 2008.
She told the interview platform, IdeaMensch, in 2018 that her typical working day lasts for up to 15 hours from 9 a.m. until midnight. (CNN)