- Blow to Digicel Read More
- Entrepreneurs making pitch for chance of a lifetime Read More
- Foundation, QC take the lead Read More
- Windies ‘A’ fall again Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- HBO, Game of Thrones lead nominations for TV’s Emmy awards Read More
Christ Church Foundation School and Queen’s College were among the big winners in the first round of the Barbados Secondary Schools’ Netball League’s Under-13 and Under-15 Netball Competition yesterday.
Playing at home at Church Hill, Christ Church, Foundation demolished The Ellerslie School 54-3 and Queen’s College hammered Coleridge and Parry 41-6 and.
For Foundation, Dessani Waithe scored 40 goals from 52 attempts, goal attack Serena Edwards 13 from 17 and Larisa Gill added the other.
Shahada Headley scored two from 11 attempts and Kiana Alleyne one for Ellerslie.
The second round of matches will be played tomorrow.
Combermere School 18, The Lester Vaughan School 0
Graydon Sealy Secondary 13, St George Secondary 4
Coleridge and Parry 9, Queen’s College 7
Christ Church Foundation School 8, Parkinson Memorial 2
Springer Memorial 17, The Lodge School 5
The St Michael School 10, Harrison College 4
Graydon Sealy Secondary 17, St George Secondary 12
Queen’s College 41, Coleridge and Parry 6
Christ Church Foundation School 54, The Ellerslie School 3
The Lodge School 28, Springer Memorial 12
Harrison College 19, The St Michael School 12 (SAT)