- Moody’s downgrades Hong Kong after China ratings cut Read More
- Guardian supports science effort Read More
- Barbados team named for CCCAN Read More
- Windies Women start World Cup preparation with team bonding camp Read More
- Bagging plastic bags Read More
- Lesson from the donkey Read More
- Shaft 'forgot' he gave song to DeeVine Read More
Barbados Community College (BCC) boys advanced to the finals of the Super Centre Inter-Schools Volleyball League finals – as did the girls – but Queen’s College’s (QC) boys failed to join their girls on that trip. QC’s boys were put off the bus by favourites Coleridge & Parry (CP), 14-25, 15-25 when the semis were staged Wednesday at the BCC gym. Making some puzzling substitutions and setting options, QC, with junior nationals Nathaniel McClean and Adam Niles, were pounded for the second time this year by CP. At no time did QC challenge CP with junior setter Kemar Hinds unleashing a potent attack of Atiba Best, Stephen Packer and Shakera Hall. CARIFTA athlete Hall made a mockery of her male opponents outspiking, outserving and outpassing them with the ease she normally reserves for the National Stadium track.