- St Lucia’s Prime Minister proposes new US Caribbean trade initiative Read More
- C&W announces partial restoration of mobile network In Dominica Read More
- ‘Baku’ has the last laugh Read More
- Harris staying as BFA chief Read More
- Arch Cot folk want answers, Mr Minister Read More
- Shade of the soul main thing Read More
- Rihanna’s 40 shades a hit Read More
Barbados Community College (BCC) boys advanced to the finals of the Super Centre Inter-Schools Volleyball League finals – as did the girls – but Queen’s College’s (QC) boys failed to join their girls on that trip. QC’s boys were put off the bus by favourites Coleridge & Parry (CP), 14-25, 15-25 when the semis were staged Wednesday at the BCC gym. Making some puzzling substitutions and setting options, QC, with junior nationals Nathaniel McClean and Adam Niles, were pounded for the second time this year by CP. At no time did QC challenge CP with junior setter Kemar Hinds unleashing a potent attack of Atiba Best, Stephen Packer and Shakera Hall. CARIFTA athlete Hall made a mockery of her male opponents outspiking, outserving and outpassing them with the ease she normally reserves for the National Stadium track.