- Senator Boyce responsible for business facilitation Read More
- Pride and industry Read More
- White blasts his way to win Read More
- Levi books ticket to Rio Read More
- THE ‘NETTE EFFECT: Story of a lost ‘brother’ Read More
- ALL AH WE IS ONE: Chastanet’s test Read More
- Minister of Culture lauds Rihanna Read More
The Nation’s Associate Editor. Sherie Holder-olutayo takes a look at what’s trending today in Barbados. In today’s Daily Nation front page story it was revealed that Chief Justice Marston Gibson along with a leading academic, Dr Frank Alleyne have been conferred with the knighthood, in this year’s Independence Awards. Our online readers expressed their views on this issue. Greg Greaves: I really think something is wrong, what has Mr Gibson done to deserve being knighted, but then, since the standards are being lowered I soon will get my knighthood too. Don Dougla Foster: I saw this cover you know what was the first thing I thought? Not if they deserve it, I was just proud they are Barbadians being recognized. Titus Thomas: I don't know much about Mr. Gibson, but when I saw him I was a bit surprised. Congrats to Sir Frank Alleyne, well deserved. Caleb Watson: Barbados does not need that colonial garbage anymore. Barbados needs to divorce itself from its former colonial master.