- Barbados key to Cuba investment Read More
- BEHIND THE HEADLINES: Is Clinton or Trump better for immigrants? Read More
- David Thompson tournament matches postponed Read More
- Positive reviews for Barbados surfers Read More
- I CONFESS: Women don’t know they’ve got it good Read More
- FLYING FISH & COU COU: Chinese doctors to the rescue Read More
- Weekend Buzz September 30, 2016 Read More
The Nation’s Associate Editor. Sherie Holder-olutayo takes a look at what’s trending today in Barbados. In today’s Daily Nation front page story it was revealed that Chief Justice Marston Gibson along with a leading academic, Dr Frank Alleyne have been conferred with the knighthood, in this year’s Independence Awards. Our online readers expressed their views on this issue. Greg Greaves: I really think something is wrong, what has Mr Gibson done to deserve being knighted, but then, since the standards are being lowered I soon will get my knighthood too. Don Dougla Foster: I saw this cover you know what was the first thing I thought? Not if they deserve it, I was just proud they are Barbadians being recognized. Titus Thomas: I don't know much about Mr. Gibson, but when I saw him I was a bit surprised. Congrats to Sir Frank Alleyne, well deserved. Caleb Watson: Barbados does not need that colonial garbage anymore. Barbados needs to divorce itself from its former colonial master.