- Now robots join fight against cancer Read More
- BEC: Shades of grey: duty of care Read More
- Leroy Harper passes Read More
- Johnson wins Golf Open Read More
- LOUISE FAIRSAVE: Giving money away Read More
- TALKBACK: Readers’ mixed views on sick certificates Read More
- Rihanna gets VMA lifetime achievement award Read More
The Nation’s Associate Editor. Sherie Holder-olutayo takes a look at what’s trending today in Barbados. In today’s Daily Nation front page story it was revealed that Chief Justice Marston Gibson along with a leading academic, Dr Frank Alleyne have been conferred with the knighthood, in this year’s Independence Awards. Our online readers expressed their views on this issue. Greg Greaves: I really think something is wrong, what has Mr Gibson done to deserve being knighted, but then, since the standards are being lowered I soon will get my knighthood too. Don Dougla Foster: I saw this cover you know what was the first thing I thought? Not if they deserve it, I was just proud they are Barbadians being recognized. Titus Thomas: I don't know much about Mr. Gibson, but when I saw him I was a bit surprised. Congrats to Sir Frank Alleyne, well deserved. Caleb Watson: Barbados does not need that colonial garbage anymore. Barbados needs to divorce itself from its former colonial master.