- ON THE RIGHT: No easy solution to water crisis Read More
- ON THE LEFT: Water woes a global issue Read More
- Pinelands and Cavs advance Read More
- Back in court Read More
- EDITORIAL: Queen’s Park facelift a timely effort Read More
- AWRIGHT DEN!: Baygon and the plastic bag Read More
- Faiths meet At The Cross Read More
The Samuel Jackman Prescod Polytechnic (SJPP) captured the Coca Cola Barbados Secondary Schools football crown with a 4-3 win over Queen’s College after the even contest went to penalties last night at Kensington Oval. Imposing goalkeeper Mario Alleyne made amends for SJPP after he had allowed a simple QC goal, which tied the scores in the first half. With QC’s custodian Joshua Greene saving the first shot from SJPP, Alleyne returned the favour. He would then avert sudden death by also saving QC’s fifth shot after the penalties were tied three all. Here, Alleyne (with cup) celebrating SJPP’s victory with teammates.