- AS I SEE THINGS: The new normal Read More
- The art of managing a business Read More
- Boxing Call Read More
- ODI team looking to halt WI slide Read More
- There’s evidence to support homophobia Read More
- OUTSIDE THE PULPIT: Gay bishops of the Holy Spirit? Read More
- Crop Fusion ticket buyers can collect refunds Read More
The Samuel Jackman Prescod Polytechnic (SJPP) captured the Coca Cola Barbados Secondary Schools football crown with a 4-3 win over Queen’s College after the even contest went to penalties last night at Kensington Oval. Imposing goalkeeper Mario Alleyne made amends for SJPP after he had allowed a simple QC goal, which tied the scores in the first half. With QC’s custodian Joshua Greene saving the first shot from SJPP, Alleyne returned the favour. He would then avert sudden death by also saving QC’s fifth shot after the penalties were tied three all. Here, Alleyne (with cup) celebrating SJPP’s victory with teammates.