- Region must err on the side of caution Read More
- AS I SEE THINGS: Surviving in a dynamic world Read More
- Young West Indies wary of Bangladesh Read More
- Purple power prevails at The St Michael School Read More
- ALL AH WE IS ONE: CARICOM’s DR challenge Read More
- EDITORIAL: Time to act on road problems Read More
- Barbados marketing Crop Over in T&T Read More
The Samuel Jackman Prescod Polytechnic (SJPP) captured the Coca Cola Barbados Secondary Schools football crown with a 4-3 win over Queen’s College after the even contest went to penalties last night at Kensington Oval. Imposing goalkeeper Mario Alleyne made amends for SJPP after he had allowed a simple QC goal, which tied the scores in the first half. With QC’s custodian Joshua Greene saving the first shot from SJPP, Alleyne returned the favour. He would then avert sudden death by also saving QC’s fifth shot after the penalties were tied three all. Here, Alleyne (with cup) celebrating SJPP’s victory with teammates.