- St Lucia’s Prime Minister proposes new US Caribbean trade initiative Read More
- C&W announces partial restoration of mobile network In Dominica Read More
- Spartan win in two days Read More
- Bennett burns Nurse in the Sauna Read More
- To whom much is given . . . Read More
- Arch Cot folk want answers, Mr Minister Read More
- British actor Colin Firth gets dual Italian citizenship after Brexit vote Read More
Barbadians turned out in the thousands at the Garrison Savannah yesterday to witness the Independence Parade and say Happy Birthday to their land. Most of them were attired in varying shades of blue, yellow and black to represent the flag that was first unfurled at the same venue in 1966. Under mostly sunny skies, members of the military and other uniformed groups were a picture of uniformity as they marched in slow and quick time before Governor General Sir Elliott Belgrave and other dignitaries.