- Tax dent in FCIB profits Read More
- AS I SEE THINGS: The knowledge economy Read More
- Shell-shocked Windies Read More
- FAZEER MOHAMMED: The challenges facing Carlos Read More
- NOT ALL BLACK AND WHITE: Govt gone a step too far? Read More
- TONY BEST: Kudos for Bajans in America Read More
- Weekend Buzz September 23, 2016 Read More
Barbadians turned out in the thousands at the Garrison Savannah yesterday to witness the Independence Parade and say Happy Birthday to their land. Most of them were attired in varying shades of blue, yellow and black to represent the flag that was first unfurled at the same venue in 1966. Under mostly sunny skies, members of the military and other uniformed groups were a picture of uniformity as they marched in slow and quick time before Governor General Sir Elliott Belgrave and other dignitaries.