- TOURISM MATTERS: Package deals the popular option Read More
- Bidding for Black Bess development? Read More
- Hamilton starts up front in US Grand Prix Read More
- Gabriel's best Read More
- JEFF BROOMES: Disappointed by union’s garbage pickup stand Read More
- ALBERT BRANDFORD: To privatise – or not? Read More
- New and old Prince music to be released Read More
Barbadians turned out in the thousands at the Garrison Savannah yesterday to witness the Independence Parade and say Happy Birthday to their land. Most of them were attired in varying shades of blue, yellow and black to represent the flag that was first unfurled at the same venue in 1966. Under mostly sunny skies, members of the military and other uniformed groups were a picture of uniformity as they marched in slow and quick time before Governor General Sir Elliott Belgrave and other dignitaries.