- How the US rate increase affects the Caribbean Read More
- BARBADOS EMPLOYERS' CONFEDERATION: 24/7 operations and the issues Read More
- Garrison Racing Results - Valentine’s Day Raceday card Read More
- Leicester are for real, five point clear in Premier League Read More
- RON IN COMMON – More opportunities to travel north Read More
- EDITORIAL: Don’t trigger moral panic Read More
- Voice wins International Soca Monarch title Read More
The boys from The Pine are on cloud nine. Before a massive crowd at Kensington Oval Friday night, Akademiks were crowned champions of the LIME Pelican Football Challenge when they edged Phoenix UFO Toyota Firehouse 1-0 in a thrilling final. Mario Harte’s 89th-minute strike was enough to seal the deal for Akademiks to walk away with the first prize of $100 000. The sound of the final whistle was all that Akademiks’ fans needed to hear, and they engulfed the field, sparking celebrations which no doubt went into the wee hours of the morning. Here, Akademiks’ players and fans posing with the winners’ cheque along with managing director of LIME Alex McDonald (right), and organizers Mia Mottley (third right) and Randy Harris (centre with cheque).