- BEHIND THE HEADLINES: The battle against sugary drinks Read More
- ‘Mother’ to all baked goods Read More
- New appointments top WICB agenda Read More
- Prize wait Read More
- JEFF BROOMES: Remembering Matthew Read More
- ALBERT BRANDFORD: Absent ministers, PAC must widen net Read More
- Weekend Buzz December 9, 2016 Read More
STRESSING that “the best steel goes through the hottest fire”, Minister of Finance and Economic Affairs Chris Sinckler said his Government’s economic policies over the last four years would lead to national prosperity. He made the forecast last night in the auditorium of St Leonard’s Secondary Boys’ School in Richmond Gap. Sinckler told the gathering that Democratic Labour Party (DLP) Governments had a record of handling crises with poise, dignity, knowledge and understanding. “They call us the Government of recessions. We don’t create recessions. We are called upon to manage them and we have done so well and others have come along at the back end and got the benefit of it.