- Trade war worries slam China and emerging markets Read More
- Caribbean Airlines ranked 34th in global on time performance Read More
- Ticket sales slow Read More
- Pinnacle challenge to Gandalf Read More
- Where’s the morality, bishop? Read More
- Initiatives to help us stay afloat Read More
- Machel to Rise at Oval Read More
STRESSING that “the best steel goes through the hottest fire”, Minister of Finance and Economic Affairs Chris Sinckler said his Government’s economic policies over the last four years would lead to national prosperity. He made the forecast last night in the auditorium of St Leonard’s Secondary Boys’ School in Richmond Gap. Sinckler told the gathering that Democratic Labour Party (DLP) Governments had a record of handling crises with poise, dignity, knowledge and understanding. “They call us the Government of recessions. We don’t create recessions. We are called upon to manage them and we have done so well and others have come along at the back end and got the benefit of it.