- How the US rate increase affects the Caribbean Read More
- BARBADOS EMPLOYERS' CONFEDERATION: 24/7 operations and the issues Read More
- Garrison Racing Results - Valentine’s Day Raceday card Read More
- Leicester are for real, five point clear in Premier League Read More
- RON IN COMMON – More opportunities to travel north Read More
- EDITORIAL: Don’t trigger moral panic Read More
- Voice wins International Soca Monarch title Read More
STRESSING that “the best steel goes through the hottest fire”, Minister of Finance and Economic Affairs Chris Sinckler said his Government’s economic policies over the last four years would lead to national prosperity. He made the forecast last night in the auditorium of St Leonard’s Secondary Boys’ School in Richmond Gap. Sinckler told the gathering that Democratic Labour Party (DLP) Governments had a record of handling crises with poise, dignity, knowledge and understanding. “They call us the Government of recessions. We don’t create recessions. We are called upon to manage them and we have done so well and others have come along at the back end and got the benefit of it.