- BEC: Low productivity is everyone’s problem Read More
- TOURISM MATTERS: Tourism is the answer to problems Read More
- Barbados find going tough in hockey Read More
- Pride feel pressure Read More
- EDITORIAL: Act now to stamp out squatting Read More
- ALL AH WE IS ONE: Co-opted unionists Read More
- Ballroom Brilliance Read More
STRESSING that “the best steel goes through the hottest fire”, Minister of Finance and Economic Affairs Chris Sinckler said his Government’s economic policies over the last four years would lead to national prosperity. He made the forecast last night in the auditorium of St Leonard’s Secondary Boys’ School in Richmond Gap. Sinckler told the gathering that Democratic Labour Party (DLP) Governments had a record of handling crises with poise, dignity, knowledge and understanding. “They call us the Government of recessions. We don’t create recessions. We are called upon to manage them and we have done so well and others have come along at the back end and got the benefit of it.