- BEHIND THE HEADLINES: The Caribbean’s major financial crisis Read More
- Economic restoration needs unified action (Part 1) Read More
- Budapest to withdraw Olympic bid Read More
- Jason Holder among three reprimanded for breaching Code of Conduct Read More
- EDITORIAL: Tourism news lifts the spirit Read More
- DEAR CHRISTINE: Mother-in-law is tiring me out Read More
- Bajans pull numbers for Fantastic Friday Read More
STRESSING that “the best steel goes through the hottest fire”, Minister of Finance and Economic Affairs Chris Sinckler said his Government’s economic policies over the last four years would lead to national prosperity. He made the forecast last night in the auditorium of St Leonard’s Secondary Boys’ School in Richmond Gap. Sinckler told the gathering that Democratic Labour Party (DLP) Governments had a record of handling crises with poise, dignity, knowledge and understanding. “They call us the Government of recessions. We don’t create recessions. We are called upon to manage them and we have done so well and others have come along at the back end and got the benefit of it.