- Now robots join fight against cancer Read More
- BEC: Shades of grey: duty of care Read More
- Barbados beat T&T to top netball qualifiers Read More
- Leroy Harper passes Read More
- MONDAY MAN: Hal boasts of the best rum punch Read More
- WILD COOT: Appeal to Barbadians Read More
- Prince’s home, studio to open to public Read More
STRESSING that “the best steel goes through the hottest fire”, Minister of Finance and Economic Affairs Chris Sinckler said his Government’s economic policies over the last four years would lead to national prosperity. He made the forecast last night in the auditorium of St Leonard’s Secondary Boys’ School in Richmond Gap. Sinckler told the gathering that Democratic Labour Party (DLP) Governments had a record of handling crises with poise, dignity, knowledge and understanding. “They call us the Government of recessions. We don’t create recessions. We are called upon to manage them and we have done so well and others have come along at the back end and got the benefit of it.