- Courtesy gives Crop Over a lift Read More
- Beneficial ownership: Corporate striptease (final part) Read More
- Kyle Hope, Ambris added to squad Read More
- Malinga gets suspended sentence for media comments Read More
- This time we are in a 12-foot hole Read More
- Time for a rebirth Read More
- RPB, Queen T to go first on Phenomenal Friday Read More
MINISTER OF INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS and International Transport George Hutson says there’s no truth in an Internet report that Government and the group called United Against Nuclear Iran (UANI) have reached an agreement to end the “reflagging” of Iranian vessels in Barbados. However, he admitted that Barbados had indeed deregistered all Iranian vessels under Barbados’ Flag. He was responding to a Press release posted on several websites, including the UANI’s http://www.unitedagainstnucleariran.com. It said UANI applauded Barbados for agreeing to stop putting Iranian vessels on its national register following a letter it addressed to Prime Minister Freundel Stuart and Chris Sawyer, principal registrar of the Barbados Maritime Ship Registry (BMSR) based at the Barbados High Commission to Britain.