- Profits a-popping Read More
- THE HOYOS FILE: IMF accentuates the positive Read More
- Wilson devastated by Olympic crash Read More
- No Belle in CAC team Read More
- AWRIGHT DEN!: Let’s talk babies Read More
- WHAT MATTERS MOST: Raising revenue by any means Read More
- VIDEO: Bashment Soca Finals 2016 Read More
MINISTER OF INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS and International Transport George Hutson says there’s no truth in an Internet report that Government and the group called United Against Nuclear Iran (UANI) have reached an agreement to end the “reflagging” of Iranian vessels in Barbados. However, he admitted that Barbados had indeed deregistered all Iranian vessels under Barbados’ Flag. He was responding to a Press release posted on several websites, including the UANI’s http://www.unitedagainstnucleariran.com. It said UANI applauded Barbados for agreeing to stop putting Iranian vessels on its national register following a letter it addressed to Prime Minister Freundel Stuart and Chris Sawyer, principal registrar of the Barbados Maritime Ship Registry (BMSR) based at the Barbados High Commission to Britain.