- Tax dent in FCIB profits Read More
- AS I SEE THINGS: The knowledge economy Read More
- Warrican the lone addition Read More
- Empire beat Police to take Elite lead Read More
- DEAR CHRISTINE: Not sure if he really loves me Read More
- TALKBACK: Little comfort in IDB crime statistics Read More
- Weekend Buzz September 23, 2016 Read More
Sagicor Christmas Jazz celebrates the best of ten years this month with Gerald Albright. A Grammy-nominated musician, songwriter and producer, he has toured and worked in the studio with some of the biggest names in the entertainment industry – including the likes of Whitney Houston, Anita Baker, the Temptations, Quincy Jones and Maurice White. In addition to numerous appearances at clubs and jazz festivals around the world, Albright was a major part of the jazz explosion tours which saw him teaming up with Jonathan Butler, Will Downing and Chaka Khan, among others. A native Californian, Albright is considered a musician’s musician. Whether playing contemporary or straight ahead jazz, he is in a class by himself. His sound is described as percussive yet soulful and he is committed to giving his audience what they came for – “a great show”. With more than one million albums sold in the United States alone, Albright is an accomplished pianist, bass guitarist and saxophonist with 15 CDs under his belt. He is looking forward to performing again with an all-star line-up at Sagicor Christmas Jazz. This year the show moves to Ilaro Court on December 16, at 8 p.m. Tickets are available from all SuperCentre outlets, A&B Soundz and C.S. Pharmacy.