- Bitcoin soars to record high above $6 000 Read More
- BES president predicts another downgrade for Barbados Read More
- Bishoo bags 5 to put WI in control Read More
- High words Read More
- The Debt Snowball and recovering from financial loss Read More
- How to boost education Read More
- Tyler Perry’s Boo 2! tops downbeat weekend with $21.7 million Read More
Sagicor Christmas Jazz celebrates the best of ten years this month with Gerald Albright. A Grammy-nominated musician, songwriter and producer, he has toured and worked in the studio with some of the biggest names in the entertainment industry – including the likes of Whitney Houston, Anita Baker, the Temptations, Quincy Jones and Maurice White. In addition to numerous appearances at clubs and jazz festivals around the world, Albright was a major part of the jazz explosion tours which saw him teaming up with Jonathan Butler, Will Downing and Chaka Khan, among others. A native Californian, Albright is considered a musician’s musician. Whether playing contemporary or straight ahead jazz, he is in a class by himself. His sound is described as percussive yet soulful and he is committed to giving his audience what they came for – “a great show”. With more than one million albums sold in the United States alone, Albright is an accomplished pianist, bass guitarist and saxophonist with 15 CDs under his belt. He is looking forward to performing again with an all-star line-up at Sagicor Christmas Jazz. This year the show moves to Ilaro Court on December 16, at 8 p.m. Tickets are available from all SuperCentre outlets, A&B Soundz and C.S. Pharmacy.