- St Lucia’s Prime Minister proposes new US Caribbean trade initiative Read More
- C&W announces partial restoration of mobile network In Dominica Read More
- Bennett burns Nurse in the Sauna Read More
- Spartan win in two days Read More
- To whom much is given . . . Read More
- Arch Cot folk want answers, Mr Minister Read More
- British actor Colin Firth gets dual Italian citizenship after Brexit vote Read More
AUTHORITIES moved in on a weight loss clinic yesterday and took possession of packages of drugs and documents for analysis. Police and health officials swooped down on the SureWay clinic at Emperor’s Court, Worthing, Christ Church, after receiving a distress telephone call from an employee. Three employees were taken into police custody for questioning. Director of the Barbados Drug Service Maryam Hinds, who was on the scene with a team of officials, told the DAILY NATION: “We have been monitoring this clinic for some time now.” Last night Minister of Health Donville Inniss reported that the ministry had received complaints about the operations at SureWay, which opened its office in Barbados a year ago.