- Now robots join fight against cancer Read More
- BEC: Shades of grey: duty of care Read More
- No result in second T20 against India Read More
- Rosberg wins in Belgium as Hamilton beats odds to podium Read More
- TONY BEST: Crown Heights after the riots Read More
- GET REAL: Schooling a sound strategy Read More
- Weekend Buzz August 26, 2016 Read More
The St Michael School are quietly becoming a cricket force. The Martindale’s Road school captured the Barbados Cricket Association’s Goddard Enterprises Schools’ title after taking first innings honours in an exciting final against Nicholls Baking Combermere at Bayfield last weekend. St Michael, under the direction of coach Ezra Moseley, gained a narrow three-run first innings lead against their opponents on Saturday and just failed to complete victory the following day. First innings advantage was enough to secure the third championship for St Michael in six seasons after triumphs in 2007 and 2011. St Michael owed their success in part to the effort of Jameel Stuart. Known more for his batting, the Barbados Under-19 representative grabbed four wickets in both innings with his off spin.