- TOURISM MATTERS: Package deals the popular option Read More
- Bidding for Black Bess development? Read More
- Tough Windies final day Read More
- Beach Culture shifting to June Read More
- EDITORIAL: Gearing up for political battle Read More
- DEAR CHRISTINE: Hubby’s temper out of control Read More
- Nicola new Miss Teen Universal Read More
The St Michael School are quietly becoming a cricket force. The Martindale’s Road school captured the Barbados Cricket Association’s Goddard Enterprises Schools’ title after taking first innings honours in an exciting final against Nicholls Baking Combermere at Bayfield last weekend. St Michael, under the direction of coach Ezra Moseley, gained a narrow three-run first innings lead against their opponents on Saturday and just failed to complete victory the following day. First innings advantage was enough to secure the third championship for St Michael in six seasons after triumphs in 2007 and 2011. St Michael owed their success in part to the effort of Jameel Stuart. Known more for his batting, the Barbados Under-19 representative grabbed four wickets in both innings with his off spin.