- No urgency on exchange of information Read More
- BEHIND THE HEADLINES: The economic threat of crime Read More
- St Michael North West win Under-17 title Read More
- Oval moving to a new stage Read More
- GET REAL: What will next election offer? Read More
- Trump gets last laugh Read More
- Working with a lot of FAITH Read More
A number of teachers at The Alexandra School walked out of the annual awards ceremony yesterday morning. In what appears to have been a quiet, orderly protest, the majority of teachers represented by the Barbados Secondary Teachers’ Union (BSTU) filed out of the school hall as soon as principal Jeff Broomes was introduced to give his report. They congregated in an upstairs area, returning almost 35 minutes later when Broomes had finished his report. President of the BSTU, Mary Redman, is maintaining her blackout of THE NATION, and did not entertain any questions about the action of the teachers. It is however understood that the walkout was an alternative to a proposed boycott of the entire event.