- Bidding for Black Bess development? Read More
- BEHIND THE HEADLINES: The case for a Caribbean debt initiative Read More
- Zabivaka the wolf is FIFA 2018 mascot Read More
- Pakistan on top Read More
- EDITORIAL: Inspiration to young ones Read More
- SATURDAY'S CHILD: Pros, cons and pseudos Read More
- Bashment ‘part of we culture’ Read More
A number of teachers at The Alexandra School walked out of the annual awards ceremony yesterday morning. In what appears to have been a quiet, orderly protest, the majority of teachers represented by the Barbados Secondary Teachers’ Union (BSTU) filed out of the school hall as soon as principal Jeff Broomes was introduced to give his report. They congregated in an upstairs area, returning almost 35 minutes later when Broomes had finished his report. President of the BSTU, Mary Redman, is maintaining her blackout of THE NATION, and did not entertain any questions about the action of the teachers. It is however understood that the walkout was an alternative to a proposed boycott of the entire event.