- Trade war worries slam China and emerging markets Read More
- Caribbean Airlines ranked 34th in global on time performance Read More
- Honda drives Japan to deserved 2-2 draw against Senegal Read More
- England march into last 16 after thrashing Panama 6-1 Read More
- The Alma Parris School I’d like to see Read More
- Unique opportunity for Mottley to shine Read More
- Miss Universe Barbados 2018 contestants revealed Read More
A number of teachers at The Alexandra School walked out of the annual awards ceremony yesterday morning. In what appears to have been a quiet, orderly protest, the majority of teachers represented by the Barbados Secondary Teachers’ Union (BSTU) filed out of the school hall as soon as principal Jeff Broomes was introduced to give his report. They congregated in an upstairs area, returning almost 35 minutes later when Broomes had finished his report. President of the BSTU, Mary Redman, is maintaining her blackout of THE NATION, and did not entertain any questions about the action of the teachers. It is however understood that the walkout was an alternative to a proposed boycott of the entire event.