- BCCI’s statement on sale of BNTCL Read More
- Standards push now shows value Read More
- Out of bounds Read More
- Selectors banking on Brath Read More
- FLYING FISH & COU COU: When lawyers enter politics . . . Read More
- MAVIS BECKLES: Evahthing gone topsy-turvy Read More
- Musical treat at St Mary's Church on Sunday Read More
Raven-Symone, who played Olivia on the 1980s sitcom "The Cosby Show," indicated for the first time Friday that she is a lesbian. "I am very happy that gay marriage is opening up around the country and is being accepted," the actress said in a statement. "I was excited to hear today that more states legalized gay marriage. I, however am not currently getting married, but it is great to know I can now, should I wish to," she said. Earlier Friday, Symone posted a tweet: "I can finally get married! Yay government! So proud of you." In response to media inquiries after that tweet, her representatives said that "Raven is not getting married. She was just supporting the fact that she heard on NPR that more states legalized gay marriage today." Symone then issued her official statement. After "The Cosby Show," Symone was featured with Eddie Murphy in his "Dr. Dolittle" films and starred in Disney Channel's "That's So Raven."