- Now robots join fight against cancer Read More
- BEC: Shades of grey: duty of care Read More
- Barbados beat T&T to top netball qualifiers Read More
- Leroy Harper passes Read More
- MONDAY MAN: Hal boasts of the best rum punch Read More
- WILD COOT: Appeal to Barbadians Read More
- Prince’s home, studio to open to public Read More
A 21-year-old Trinidadian woman who was studying at the Cave Hill Campus of the University of the West Indies died yesterday morning after collapsing as she was preparing to go home for the Christmas break. Reports indicate that Shenice Davis fell ill at Grantley Adams International Airport and was rushed by ambulance to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital where she later died. Close friends said that Davis’ 19-year-old brother, who was at Piarco International Airport awaiting his sister’s arrival, had to catch the next plane to Barbados when informed of her death. It is understood that he arrived here with his pastor yesterday afternoon. Chelston Lovell, public relations officer at the UWI, confirmed the incident and said that the brother was receiving counselling from senior officials at the Campus.