- Tourism campaign on streets of London Read More
- BARBADOS EMPLOYERS' CONFEDERATION: Excessive absence Read More
- Under 19s to start preparation for World Cup 2018 Read More
- FAZEER MOHAMMED: Celebrating Sir Frank Worrell Read More
- Make the Trident whole again Read More
- ALBERT BRANDFORD: IMF, yes! Privatisation, no? Hardly! Read More
- Clarence Thompson dies Read More
A 21-year-old Trinidadian woman who was studying at the Cave Hill Campus of the University of the West Indies died yesterday morning after collapsing as she was preparing to go home for the Christmas break. Reports indicate that Shenice Davis fell ill at Grantley Adams International Airport and was rushed by ambulance to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital where she later died. Close friends said that Davis’ 19-year-old brother, who was at Piarco International Airport awaiting his sister’s arrival, had to catch the next plane to Barbados when informed of her death. It is understood that he arrived here with his pastor yesterday afternoon. Chelston Lovell, public relations officer at the UWI, confirmed the incident and said that the brother was receiving counselling from senior officials at the Campus.