- How the US rate increase affects the Caribbean Read More
- BARBADOS EMPLOYERS' CONFEDERATION: 24/7 operations and the issues Read More
- Intrepid slips field Read More
- 12 nominated for Gold Cup Read More
- There’s no excuse for ill-treating dogs Read More
- GET REAL: No credit for African society Read More
- Voice wins International Soca Monarch title Read More
A 21-year-old Trinidadian woman who was studying at the Cave Hill Campus of the University of the West Indies died yesterday morning after collapsing as she was preparing to go home for the Christmas break. Reports indicate that Shenice Davis fell ill at Grantley Adams International Airport and was rushed by ambulance to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital where she later died. Close friends said that Davis’ 19-year-old brother, who was at Piarco International Airport awaiting his sister’s arrival, had to catch the next plane to Barbados when informed of her death. It is understood that he arrived here with his pastor yesterday afternoon. Chelston Lovell, public relations officer at the UWI, confirmed the incident and said that the brother was receiving counselling from senior officials at the Campus.