- Pride and industry Read More
- BEC: The importance of CVQs in your recruitment drive Read More
- White blasts his way to win Read More
- Levi books ticket to Rio Read More
- THE ‘NETTE EFFECT: Story of a lost ‘brother’ Read More
- ALL AH WE IS ONE: Chastanet’s test Read More
- Minister of Culture lauds Rihanna Read More
Although restructuring of the National Sports Council (NSC) is on the cards, it is not a process that will occur overnight as the Government will have to sign off on any changes after discussion with the major stakeholders who are likely to be affected. “The restructuring of the Sports Council has been in the plans for years,” NSC’s Director of Sports Erskine King told WEEKENDSPORT in a recent interview. “The strategic plan has been accepted and sent to Cabinet, so it is a process. The restructuring will take place and the Sports Council Act will have to be looked at because they will have to make provisions for the restructuring. “If it is going to take place, it has to be done in conformity with what a new act would say. The whole idea is to widen the scope of the National Sports Council because as it stands now, that scope isn’t there.