- TOURISM MATTERS: Package deals the popular option Read More
- Bidding for Black Bess development? Read More
- Tough Windies final day Read More
- Beach Culture shifting to June Read More
- EDITORIAL: Gearing up for political battle Read More
- DEAR CHRISTINE: Hubby’s temper out of control Read More
- RiRi set to conquer Ocean’s Read More
Although restructuring of the National Sports Council (NSC) is on the cards, it is not a process that will occur overnight as the Government will have to sign off on any changes after discussion with the major stakeholders who are likely to be affected. “The restructuring of the Sports Council has been in the plans for years,” NSC’s Director of Sports Erskine King told WEEKENDSPORT in a recent interview. “The strategic plan has been accepted and sent to Cabinet, so it is a process. The restructuring will take place and the Sports Council Act will have to be looked at because they will have to make provisions for the restructuring. “If it is going to take place, it has to be done in conformity with what a new act would say. The whole idea is to widen the scope of the National Sports Council because as it stands now, that scope isn’t there.