- No comfort in CIBC comment on downgrade Read More
- TOURISM MATTERS: Opportunities aplenty with new airlift Read More
- Flame lands in Brazil for three month relay to Games Read More
- Not ready Read More
- EDITORIAL: Brainstorm on problems of ageing society Read More
- ALL AH WE IS ONE: May Day reflections Read More
- Randle wows at tribute to mothers Read More
President of the United States of American Barack Obama has nominated Senator John Kerry to succeed Hillary Clinton as his next secretary of state. Obama said Kerry's "entire life" prepared him for the role, and praised him for the respect and confidence he has earned from world leaders. His nomination comes after the US ambassador to the UN, Susan Rice, withdrew from consideration last week. Republicans had fiercely criticised her role in the aftermath of the deadly attack on the US consulate in Benghazi, Libya, in September. Kerry ran as Democratic presidential candidate in 2004 and is chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.