- St Lucia’s Prime Minister proposes new US Caribbean trade initiative Read More
- C&W announces partial restoration of mobile network In Dominica Read More
- Sir Hilary’s goal Read More
- Quake cancels CAC meet Read More
- Shade of the soul main thing Read More
- A punishment, not deterrent Read More
- Neesha feels So Amazing with another award Read More
Grantley Adams International Airport was under severe pressure yesterday having to process thousands of air-to-sea and sea-to-air travellers. The line of departing cruise ship passengers stretched from the departure entrance to the parking fees kiosk as vans and buses brought travellers from the Bridgetown Port. Such vehicles were also taking passengers who arrived on eight chartered jets and were destined for the port where six cruise ships awaited them. Regular passengers were channelled into a separate line to enter the departure hall. Across the island many of the more than 11 000 visitors who arrived here aboard the cruise ships could be seen enjoying the sights and warm sunshine.