- 10-MINUTE MANAGER: Darone Brathwaite Read More
- TOURISM MATTERS: Them and us: levelling the playing field Read More
- Badminton finals thrilling Read More
- No to rule change Read More
- Win-win solution for containers Read More
- DEAR CHRISTINE: Boss wants to have sex with me Read More
- Moonlight wins Best Picture Award Read More
LITTLE KNOWN Victor ‘Earth’ Ward has shattered the aura of invincibility which No. 1 road tennis player Junior “Michael Jackson” White has held for over 15 years. Ward rebounded from a first set loss to inflict an embarrassing ‘sow’ on White before eliminating the king 13-21, 21-7, 21-19 when the quarter-finals of the Silver Hill Road Tennis Championships were staged at the Silver Hill Court on Thursday night. His thrilling victory was celebrated by hundreds of joyous fans who had earlier seen an end to the golden run of hometown hero Gary ‘Kojak’ Thomas who lost 12-21, 21-13, 21-19 to Adrian ‘Dan’ Skeete of St John. Ward, who only plays in his village in Silver Sands or in the Pine – next door to the Samuel Jackman Prescod Polytechnic where he works as a groundsman – was overjoyed after his big upset.