- BEHIND THE HEADLINES: Who is responsible for protecting us? Read More
- BNOCL not only about oil Read More
- Woeful Windies Read More
- Tridents make exit from CPL Read More
- Thank you, Sir Garry, for all you have done Read More
- TONI THORNE: Less judgement on sex workers Read More
- Lil Rick gets Stag tune prize Read More
The Government of Barbados needs to bring clear proof that Raul Garcia is a threat to national security, or could affect the public good if granted his freedom. Otherwise, set him free until another country takes him in. That claim was made by attorney and civil rights activist David Comissiong as the pre-decision phase of Garcia’s unlawful detention lawsuit ended in the No. 12 Supreme Court yesterday. Justice Margaret Reifer reserved her decision on the matter and informed counsel she would provide written and oral decisions early next year.