- Bidding for Black Bess development? Read More
- BEHIND THE HEADLINES: The case for a Caribbean debt initiative Read More
- Zabivaka the wolf is FIFA 2018 mascot Read More
- Pakistan on top Read More
- MAVIS BECKLES: Rev Baird ain’t all wrong Read More
- EDITORIAL: Inspiration to young ones Read More
- Bashment ‘part of we culture’ Read More
The Government of Barbados needs to bring clear proof that Raul Garcia is a threat to national security, or could affect the public good if granted his freedom. Otherwise, set him free until another country takes him in. That claim was made by attorney and civil rights activist David Comissiong as the pre-decision phase of Garcia’s unlawful detention lawsuit ended in the No. 12 Supreme Court yesterday. Justice Margaret Reifer reserved her decision on the matter and informed counsel she would provide written and oral decisions early next year.