- BEC: Punishment and reward Read More
- TOURISM MATTERS: Emerging from the Brexit gloom Read More
- Hamilton in lead but still chasing Read More
- King again! Read More
- DEAR CHRISTINE: They blame me for his breakdown Read More
- Rest in peace Sir Frederick Read More
- New movement aimed at positive expression Read More
The Government of Barbados needs to bring clear proof that Raul Garcia is a threat to national security, or could affect the public good if granted his freedom. Otherwise, set him free until another country takes him in. That claim was made by attorney and civil rights activist David Comissiong as the pre-decision phase of Garcia’s unlawful detention lawsuit ended in the No. 12 Supreme Court yesterday. Justice Margaret Reifer reserved her decision on the matter and informed counsel she would provide written and oral decisions early next year.