- No urgency on exchange of information Read More
- BEHIND THE HEADLINES: The economic threat of crime Read More
- Blue the champs at St Ambrose Read More
- BCA in charge Read More
- MAVIS BECKLES: Charity better than nothing Read More
- EDITORIAL: Make Barrow’s story relevant Read More
- Working with a lot of FAITH Read More
The Government of Barbados needs to bring clear proof that Raul Garcia is a threat to national security, or could affect the public good if granted his freedom. Otherwise, set him free until another country takes him in. That claim was made by attorney and civil rights activist David Comissiong as the pre-decision phase of Garcia’s unlawful detention lawsuit ended in the No. 12 Supreme Court yesterday. Justice Margaret Reifer reserved her decision on the matter and informed counsel she would provide written and oral decisions early next year.