- BEHIND THE HEADLINES: The Caribbean’s major financial crisis Read More
- Economic restoration needs unified action (Part 1) Read More
- BCU has new president Read More
- Budapest to withdraw Olympic bid Read More
- EDITORIAL: Tourism news lifts the spirit Read More
- AWRIGHT DEN!: The value of teachers Read More
- Bajans pull numbers for Fantastic Friday Read More
The Government of Barbados needs to bring clear proof that Raul Garcia is a threat to national security, or could affect the public good if granted his freedom. Otherwise, set him free until another country takes him in. That claim was made by attorney and civil rights activist David Comissiong as the pre-decision phase of Garcia’s unlawful detention lawsuit ended in the No. 12 Supreme Court yesterday. Justice Margaret Reifer reserved her decision on the matter and informed counsel she would provide written and oral decisions early next year.