- TOURISM MATTERS: Package deals the popular option Read More
- Bidding for Black Bess development? Read More
- Tough Windies final day Read More
- Beach Culture shifting to June Read More
- EDITORIAL: Gearing up for political battle Read More
- DEAR CHRISTINE: Hubby’s temper out of control Read More
- Nicola new Miss Teen Universal Read More
THE COACHES of Foundation and Nicholls Baking Combermere have expressed disappointment with the way in which they advanced to today’s Under-19 final at Kensington Oval starting at noon. Combermere coach Roddy Estwick and Foundation’s Nhamo Winn aren’t pleased that their sides qualified for the final via a better net run rate (NRR) than their opponents after the rain completely wiped out their respective semi-final matches on Tuesday. Defending champions Foundation were scheduled to oppose KFC Ellerslie at the Desmond Haynes Oval, while Combermere, last year’s losing finalists, were to meet Milo Lodge at Friendship. Not a single ball was bowled in either match, but the two finalists progressed by virtue of having a superior net run rate, according to the rules of the Barbados Cricket Association (BCA) tournament.