- St Lucia’s Prime Minister proposes new US Caribbean trade initiative Read More
- C&W announces partial restoration of mobile network In Dominica Read More
- Sir Hilary’s goal Read More
- Quake cancels CAC meet Read More
- Shade of the soul main thing Read More
- A punishment, not deterrent Read More
- Neesha feels So Amazing with another award Read More
The Nation’s Associate Editor, Sherie Holder-Olutayo takes a look at what’s trending today in Barbados. Readers are talking about the Ministry of Health’s thumbs down position on the use of human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) for weight loss. The ministry has warned of potential health risks and says that there is no proof that it helps in weight loss. Our online readers weighed in on this controversial issue. Conchita Moseley: People who believe in these fads diets are perhaps stinking rich or plain stupid. Healthy eating and exercise is the key to long term weight loss. It is useless losing a stone in a few weeks only to gain it again, in another few weeks, most of the initial weight loss is fluid it is safer to loose 1.lb each week until you reach your target weight. People prone to weight gain should really get advice from their doctor and dietitian..... smaller potions more often more veg less carbohydrates and regular exercises, walking for half and hour after your evening meals can help with weight loss. David Windoze: What happened to put down the fork? Archangel Crichlow-Daniel: Well I never.....hCG diet....and at $1000 dollars a pop! Good for them, they are not only foolish but they got money to waste too. What happen to eating less, healthier and good ole exercise?