- Floral dresses, bow ties – and more Read More
- THE HOYOS FILE: Getting the truck out of the ditch Read More
- ‘TC’ digs deep; a breeze for ‘Snake’ Read More
- BFA action back in Wildey Read More
- HEALING HERBS: Peach palm good for digestion Read More
- EDITORIAL: Sinckler must tell it like it is Read More
- Bill Paxton dies Read More
The Nation’s Associate Editor, Sherie Holder-Olutayo takes a look at what’s trending today in Barbados. Readers are talking about Opposition Leader Owen Arthur’s position on what he termed as a “nasty onslaught” on June Fowler by Minister of Finance Chris Sinckler. Arthur called on church leaders and the National Organization of Women to speak out against those actions. Our online readers weghed in on this issue. Tony Webster: Mr. Arthur is right on the money: To anyone who knows her, Mrs. June Fowler is a most admirable, wonderful Bajan lady, in every aspect. She bears herself in a manner totally foreign to any opposing politician: with honesty; dignity; great courage; and her cause is just. One must also trust that, should she in a little while , have to deal with other people of a different political stripe, these attributes will continue to be afforded the respect they are due. Right on, lady! Reeko Lynch: Barbadians need to focus on the true meat of these election campaigns - which are the facts surrounding our current decline and the solutions that will put us back where we belong - and quit the bickering over "he said, she said", because if a man goes on a podium and says another man from opposition is ugly and that sways your vote then you must be a madman.