- Minor items on CFATF ‘to do’ list Read More
- BEHIND THE HEADLINES: Growth through tourism and culture Read More
- Bajan Gems rout Argentina Read More
- King ready to bounce back Read More
- FLYING FISH & COU COU: Awaiting word from the CJ Read More
- EDITORIAL: Don’t dismiss our concerns Read More
- Weekend Buzz August 26, 2016 Read More
OVER NEXT WEEK and up until December 1, visitors to the Bridgetown Gallery at Sheraton Mall will have the opportunity to vote for the Public’s Favourite Painting as artists wait to discover who will receive The Carmichael Prize For Painting. There will also be a monetary award for Best Painting By An Established Artist and Best Painting By An Emerging Artist. The Goldcorp Corporation-sponsored Carmichael Prize is an annual non-acquisitive award for painting. Established in 2002, it is one of the most prestigious private art awards in the island. Each painting in the competition is an original painted by the artist in the last 12 months and never exhibited in Barbados. All paintings will also be up for sale to the public, in addition to being part of the competition for the prize money. The Carmichael Prize is designed to encourage the promotion, creation and sale of fine art painting on the island. Visit the gallery and view some of the exotic paintings tastefully created by our talented artists.