- ON THE RIGHT: Harmonious regional growth is possible Read More
- ON THE LEFT: Competitiveness a recipe for growth Read More
- Teenage fast bowler in WI Test squad Read More
- Reshuffle the team Read More
- EDITORIAL: Need to revisit Crop Over Read More
- AWRIGHT DEN!: Benefits of travelling Read More
- Kaiso queens Read More
OVER NEXT WEEK and up until December 1, visitors to the Bridgetown Gallery at Sheraton Mall will have the opportunity to vote for the Public’s Favourite Painting as artists wait to discover who will receive The Carmichael Prize For Painting. There will also be a monetary award for Best Painting By An Established Artist and Best Painting By An Emerging Artist. The Goldcorp Corporation-sponsored Carmichael Prize is an annual non-acquisitive award for painting. Established in 2002, it is one of the most prestigious private art awards in the island. Each painting in the competition is an original painted by the artist in the last 12 months and never exhibited in Barbados. All paintings will also be up for sale to the public, in addition to being part of the competition for the prize money. The Carmichael Prize is designed to encourage the promotion, creation and sale of fine art painting on the island. Visit the gallery and view some of the exotic paintings tastefully created by our talented artists.