- LIAT CEO: Taxes on flights too high Read More
- International experts give digital marketing advice Read More
- Leslie explains BCA T20 toss rules Read More
- No new registration for netball season Read More
- What a ‘mother’ country! Read More
- Developing our public sector Read More
- Aidonia rocks the crowd Read More
THE BARBADOS LABOUR PARTY (BLP) is defending member William Duguid, saying he was provoked into his actions in Parliament last Tuesday which led to a national apology days later. Duguid called a Press conference last Friday to apologize for his words and actions in the House of Assembly, after his caustic comments to Minister of Health Donville Inniss were broadcast. But the BLP family united as one Sunday night during a mass political meeting in Brittons Hill, St Michael, saying Duguid had done the right thing to apologize, but that he was provoked into his actions by nasty comments from the Government bench. “I want to thank William Duguid for his decency and graciousness in doing the manly thing, and rescuing our Parliament from where it would have plunged to,” former Prime Minister Owen Arthur told the massive crowd at Villa Road before starting his speech.