- No comfort in CIBC comment on downgrade Read More
- TOURISM MATTERS: Opportunities aplenty with new airlift Read More
- Coaching boost for NSC Read More
- Sauna Heats tame Lions Read More
- IN THE PUBLIC INTEREST: St Lucy folk too long in misery Read More
- FOR WHAT IT’S WORTH: Water a national priority Read More
- Drake joins Forbes list of top five richest hip-hop stars Read More
BARBADOS’ MOTTO OF PRIDE AND INDUSTRY was again gloriously exemplified yesterday by a group of students of St Leonard’s Boys’ Secondary School. Close to 60 third formers, calling themselves Junior Nation Builders, proudly presented gift packages to eight “worthy” Barbadians. In true patriotic spirit they had volunteered for an Independence project in which they pledged to perform 46 good community deeds, representing each year of Barbados’ Independence. Yesterday’s deed was the presentation of hampers to some less fortunate Barbadians. From the beginning of November and continuing throughout the month, these loyal sons have been cleaning up communities, bringing cheer to seniors in senior citizens’ homes and day care centres and also helping to tidy up those premises. They have also been donating clothing and food items purchased partly from their own pockets and their parents’.