- Energy efficiency utility wanted Read More
- AS I SEE THINGS: The entrepreneurial state – Part 1 Read More
- The ‘Right Man’ Read More
- Steven Allan wins it Read More
- EDITORIAL: Peace can reign Read More
- OUTSIDE THE PULPIT: Support teachers in disciplining kids Read More
- Weekend Buzz April 29, 2016 Read More
KINGSTON, Jamaica, Nov 27, CMC – A court on Tuesday granted singer Vybz Kartel J$500,000 (One Jamaica dollar = US$0.04 cents) bail on a charge of perverting the course of justice, but the entertainer remained behind bars as he faces a charge of murder. As a condition of his bail, the court had said that the dancehall singer, whose real name is Adidja Palmer, had to report to the police station daily until January 25, when he is to make another court appearance. He is also to surrender his travel documents. Police have accused Kartel, Andre Henry and fellow entertainer Vanessa Saddler of being part of a plot to undermine an investigation into the murder of Clive 'Lizard' Williams. The other co-accused were also offered bail. The entertainer and four other men are before the Home Circuit Court on a charge of murder in relation to Williams’s death.