- Flavourful twist to sugar cakes Read More
- BEHIND THE HEADLINES: Education as an economic platform Read More
- Russia escapes blanket Olympic ban Read More
- LUNCH DAY 4: Rain forces early break Read More
- Trump no ‘caped crusader’ Read More
- EDITORIAL: Need to discuss assisted death Read More
- De MC and Summa are new junior Monarchs Read More
KINGSTON, Jamaica, Nov 27, CMC – A court on Tuesday granted singer Vybz Kartel J$500,000 (One Jamaica dollar = US$0.04 cents) bail on a charge of perverting the course of justice, but the entertainer remained behind bars as he faces a charge of murder. As a condition of his bail, the court had said that the dancehall singer, whose real name is Adidja Palmer, had to report to the police station daily until January 25, when he is to make another court appearance. He is also to surrender his travel documents. Police have accused Kartel, Andre Henry and fellow entertainer Vanessa Saddler of being part of a plot to undermine an investigation into the murder of Clive 'Lizard' Williams. The other co-accused were also offered bail. The entertainer and four other men are before the Home Circuit Court on a charge of murder in relation to Williams’s death.