- BEHIND THE HEADLINES: The case for a Caribbean debt initiative Read More
- ...For the Big Day – and birthdays Read More
- Pakistan on top Read More
- Cameron defends axing of Simmons Read More
- FLYING FISH & COU COU: People fearful of next step Read More
- SATURDAY'S CHILD: Pros, cons and pseudos Read More
- Bashment ‘part of we culture’ Read More
When the lights of The City Of Bridgetown were switched on on the evening of Thursday, November 1, by Julian Brooks, student of the Irving Wilson School, it signalled the start of month-long celebrations to mark our 46th year of Independence. With exactly two weeks to go before Independence Day the spectacle has caught the eyes of locals and visitors alike. A combination of blue and yellow lights are being used as a substitute for the ultramarine and gold colours of the Flag. (TTY) Here, the WEEKEND NATION captures an aerial view of the Treasury Building and the historic Parliament Buildings all aglow.