- Flavourful twist to sugar cakes Read More
- BEHIND THE HEADLINES: Education as an economic platform Read More
- LUNCH DAY 4: Rain forces early break Read More
- WI rout is on Read More
- TONI THORNE: So you’re not into Crop Over? Really . . . Read More
- FAZEER MOHAMMED: Defensive posturing Read More
- De MC and Summa are new junior Monarchs Read More
When the lights of The City Of Bridgetown were switched on on the evening of Thursday, November 1, by Julian Brooks, student of the Irving Wilson School, it signalled the start of month-long celebrations to mark our 46th year of Independence. With exactly two weeks to go before Independence Day the spectacle has caught the eyes of locals and visitors alike. A combination of blue and yellow lights are being used as a substitute for the ultramarine and gold colours of the Flag. (TTY) Here, the WEEKEND NATION captures an aerial view of the Treasury Building and the historic Parliament Buildings all aglow.