- No comfort in CIBC comment on downgrade Read More
- TOURISM MATTERS: Opportunities aplenty with new airlift Read More
- Atletico back in Champions League final Read More
- Flame lands in Brazil for three month relay to Games Read More
- EDITORIAL: Brainstorm on problems of ageing society Read More
- THE ‘NETTE EFFECT: Ribbing could ease the tension Read More
- Drake joins Forbes list of top five richest hip-hop stars Read More
Stop with all the talking. Let the court decide! This appeal has come from Barbados on the heels of comments made by a Jamaican minister regarding the Shanique Myrie lawsuit before the Caribbean Court of Justice (CCJ). Those comments have not gone down well with attorneys representing the Barbados Government in the matter. In fact, the Bajan legal team wants all people involved in the case to shut up. Lead attorney for the Barbados Government in the matter, Roger Forde, QC, has sent off a letter to the solicitor general’s chambers in Kingston, requesting the Jamaica government implement a gag order on ministers when it comes to the Myrie case.