- THE HOYOS FILE: ‘Big Six’ tax still ruling Govt’s revenue Read More
- 10-MINUTE MANAGER: Jennifer St Hill Read More
- Tons of Pride Read More
- Coaches' call Read More
- EDITORIAL: Windies problems bigger than players Read More
- YUH GAWH BE KIDDIN': Own-way yuh is feel Read More
- Strictly dancing over two days Read More
The Barbados Tourism Authority (BTA) is banking on its biggest superstar partner. Facing the most important next two winter seasons in the midst of a worldwide recession, the BTA is expecting the marketing power of Rihanna to drive Barbados’ finances as a tourist destination like never before. This was stated on Friday night by chairman of the BTA, Adrian Elcock, who revealed the sexy songstress remained the island’s most important tourist attraction. Elcock told the DAILY NATION in an exclusive interview that the BTA would be spending just over $1/4 million to produce the island’s latest Rihanna tourism initiative, in an effort to draw millions of people to Barbados.