- Reaping fruits of his labour Read More
- Great gains from BMEX project Read More
- THORNY ISSUE: Earning an Olympic trip Read More
- Haddock in for fourth CUT Games Read More
- OUR CARIBBEAN: Decisive challenge for Caricom Read More
- IN THE PUBLIC INTEREST: A friend indeed … Read More
- Entertainers close Barbados display in Toronto Read More
The Barbados Tourism Authority (BTA) is banking on its biggest superstar partner. Facing the most important next two winter seasons in the midst of a worldwide recession, the BTA is expecting the marketing power of Rihanna to drive Barbados’ finances as a tourist destination like never before. This was stated on Friday night by chairman of the BTA, Adrian Elcock, who revealed the sexy songstress remained the island’s most important tourist attraction. Elcock told the DAILY NATION in an exclusive interview that the BTA would be spending just over $1/4 million to produce the island’s latest Rihanna tourism initiative, in an effort to draw millions of people to Barbados.