- TOURISM MATTERS: Opportunities aplenty with new airlift Read More
- BARBADOS' BEST EMPLOYERS: Culture is key to business success Read More
- Russell still king Read More
- UWI rout Paradise Read More
- HEALING HERBS: Whiff of rosemary will do you good Read More
- WILD COOT: Development bank missed Read More
- Thousands take the Hill Read More
As the 2012 season winds down and players and fans look towards a new year of table tennis, one player is saying it may be the ideal time for the sport to receive a facelift. National women’s champion Sherrice Felix is very conscious of the benefits she has gained from participation in the sport but recognizes that a greater effort must be made to uplift its image and popularity. “It’s time to make the sport more visible,” Felix told NATIONSPORT as she basked in the glory of winning her third national women’s singles title. Felix dethroned the 2011 champion Krystle Harvey in a compelling duel when the finals came off recently at the Table Tennis Centre, Nursery Drive.