- BARBADOS EMPLOYERS' CONFEDERATION: Be careful what you say, be careful what you do! Read More
- THE HOYOS FILE: Massy’s colonies help the Mother Country Read More
- Real Madrid want more Champions League glory Read More
- Select XI beat UWI again Read More
- MAVIS BECKLES: Evahthing changing Read More
- I CONFESS: Always be prepared for life’s mishaps Read More
- Two bites at City by night Read More
NOTHING WAS SAVED when a fire destroyed a two-bedroom house at the corner of Kensington New Road and Spencers Gap in Bridgetown Saturday night. Displaced are 56-year-old Anthony McClean and Noel Rock, who is in his 40s. Member of Parliament for the City Patrick Todd said he spoke to Chief Welfare Officer Patricia Watts, paving the way for both men to be relocated to Tiffany’s Guest House on River Road. Todd told the DAILY NATION that the men were to report to the Welfare Department today for further assistance. “This is a densely populated community and many thanks must go to neighbours for responding quickly. I am also happy with the speedy response from the police and the fire service,” he said. Two tenders from the Barbados Fire Service responded to the blaze which occurred about 6:30 p.m.