- Report: Apple launching new products in March Read More
- BARBADOS' BEST EMPLOYERS: Cave Shepherd Card Services Read More
- TEA Day 2: Barbados Pride cruising on 189 for 1 Read More
- Shaq and Iverson among HOF Finalists Read More
- RON IN COMMON: A press conference with a difference Read More
- EDITORIAL: A nation of second chances Read More
- Streep adds to race war with comments Read More
NOTHING WAS SAVED when a fire destroyed a two-bedroom house at the corner of Kensington New Road and Spencers Gap in Bridgetown Saturday night. Displaced are 56-year-old Anthony McClean and Noel Rock, who is in his 40s. Member of Parliament for the City Patrick Todd said he spoke to Chief Welfare Officer Patricia Watts, paving the way for both men to be relocated to Tiffany’s Guest House on River Road. Todd told the DAILY NATION that the men were to report to the Welfare Department today for further assistance. “This is a densely populated community and many thanks must go to neighbours for responding quickly. I am also happy with the speedy response from the police and the fire service,” he said. Two tenders from the Barbados Fire Service responded to the blaze which occurred about 6:30 p.m.