- Now robots join fight against cancer Read More
- BEC: Shades of grey: duty of care Read More
- No result in second T20 against India Read More
- Rosberg wins in Belgium as Hamilton beats odds to podium Read More
- GET REAL: Schooling a sound strategy Read More
- NOT ALL BLACK AND WHITE: Govt not complying with law Read More
- Weekend Buzz August 26, 2016 Read More
NOTHING WAS SAVED when a fire destroyed a two-bedroom house at the corner of Kensington New Road and Spencers Gap in Bridgetown Saturday night. Displaced are 56-year-old Anthony McClean and Noel Rock, who is in his 40s. Member of Parliament for the City Patrick Todd said he spoke to Chief Welfare Officer Patricia Watts, paving the way for both men to be relocated to Tiffany’s Guest House on River Road. Todd told the DAILY NATION that the men were to report to the Welfare Department today for further assistance. “This is a densely populated community and many thanks must go to neighbours for responding quickly. I am also happy with the speedy response from the police and the fire service,” he said. Two tenders from the Barbados Fire Service responded to the blaze which occurred about 6:30 p.m.