- Moody’s downgrades Hong Kong after China ratings cut Read More
- Guardian supports science effort Read More
- Barbados team named for CCCAN Read More
- Windies Women start World Cup preparation with team bonding camp Read More
- Bagging plastic bags Read More
- Lesson from the donkey Read More
- Shaft 'forgot' he gave song to DeeVine Read More
NOTHING WAS SAVED when a fire destroyed a two-bedroom house at the corner of Kensington New Road and Spencers Gap in Bridgetown Saturday night. Displaced are 56-year-old Anthony McClean and Noel Rock, who is in his 40s. Member of Parliament for the City Patrick Todd said he spoke to Chief Welfare Officer Patricia Watts, paving the way for both men to be relocated to Tiffany’s Guest House on River Road. Todd told the DAILY NATION that the men were to report to the Welfare Department today for further assistance. “This is a densely populated community and many thanks must go to neighbours for responding quickly. I am also happy with the speedy response from the police and the fire service,” he said. Two tenders from the Barbados Fire Service responded to the blaze which occurred about 6:30 p.m.