- CDB urges regional governments to act now Read More
- New equipment company opens Read More
- Neymar, Barcelona and Santos lose fraud appeals Read More
- NBA Hall of Fame finalists announced Read More
- TALKBACK: Smoking ban can hurt tourism Read More
- ALTAR CALL: Much joy at harvest programme Read More
- Stunning Shaunice wins Ms Holetown 2017 Read More
LONDON (AP) — The Church of England's governing body has narrowly blocked a move to permit women to serve as bishops. Following a day-long debate today, opponents mustered enough support to deny the necessary two-thirds majority among lay members of the General Synod. Church officials say it may take five years to go through the process of taking new legislation to a final vote.