- ...For the Big Day – and birthdays Read More
- AS I SEE THINGS: Competing robustly Read More
- Pakistan on top Read More
- Cameron defends axing of Simmons Read More
- FLYING FISH & COU COU: People fearful of next step Read More
- SATURDAY'S CHILD: Pros, cons and pseudos Read More
- Bashment ‘part of we culture’ Read More
LONDON (AP) — The Church of England's governing body has narrowly blocked a move to permit women to serve as bishops. Following a day-long debate today, opponents mustered enough support to deny the necessary two-thirds majority among lay members of the General Synod. Church officials say it may take five years to go through the process of taking new legislation to a final vote.