- ON THE LEFT: Signs of decline in the sector Read More
- ON THE RIGHT: Great contribution to Barbados Read More
- de Villiers joins Barbados Tridents Read More
- West Indies reach Under-19 final Read More
- HEATHER-LYNN’S HABITAT: Making it safe Read More
- WHAT MATTERS MOST: Create new strategy for leadership Read More
- All ah we Read More
LONDON (AP) — The Church of England's governing body has narrowly blocked a move to permit women to serve as bishops. Following a day-long debate today, opponents mustered enough support to deny the necessary two-thirds majority among lay members of the General Synod. Church officials say it may take five years to go through the process of taking new legislation to a final vote.