- No comfort in CIBC comment on downgrade Read More
- TOURISM MATTERS: Opportunities aplenty with new airlift Read More
- Not ready Read More
- Five Bajans vying for chess titles Read More
- EDITORIAL: Brainstorm on problems of ageing society Read More
- ALL AH WE IS ONE: May Day reflections Read More
- Randle wows at tribute to mothers Read More
LONDON (AP) — The Church of England's governing body has narrowly blocked a move to permit women to serve as bishops. Following a day-long debate today, opponents mustered enough support to deny the necessary two-thirds majority among lay members of the General Synod. Church officials say it may take five years to go through the process of taking new legislation to a final vote.