- 10-MINUTE MANAGER: Roberto Pereyra Read More
- THE HOYOS FILE: Changing lanes in a slow-moving race Read More
- Pine close in on title Read More
- Birthday bash fit for a king Read More
- FLYING FISH AND COU COU: Camp nudging the champ Read More
- I CONFESS: Beguiled by cheating bombshell Read More
- Marvay still on a high Read More
LONDON (AP) — The Church of England's governing body has narrowly blocked a move to permit women to serve as bishops. Following a day-long debate today, opponents mustered enough support to deny the necessary two-thirds majority among lay members of the General Synod. Church officials say it may take five years to go through the process of taking new legislation to a final vote.