- BES president predicts another downgrade for Barbados Read More
- Dominica welcoming 'voluntourism' in wake of Hurricane Maria Read More
- King giving back to Dominica with benefit match Read More
- Orange new QC swim champs Read More
- Let’s draw the line here Read More
- Consider the rape victim Read More
- Juniors shine at NIFCA Read More
LONDON (AP) — The Church of England's governing body has narrowly blocked a move to permit women to serve as bishops. Following a day-long debate today, opponents mustered enough support to deny the necessary two-thirds majority among lay members of the General Synod. Church officials say it may take five years to go through the process of taking new legislation to a final vote.