- CDB urges regional governments to act now Read More
- New equipment company opens Read More
- King ranked 130th again Read More
- Pride hunting double Read More
- DEAR CHRISTINE: Having doubts after affair of four years Read More
- EDITORIAL: Let’s bring pride to the fore Read More
- Artistes ‘up de ting’ at Holetown Read More
LONDON (AP) — The Church of England's governing body has narrowly blocked a move to permit women to serve as bishops. Following a day-long debate today, opponents mustered enough support to deny the necessary two-thirds majority among lay members of the General Synod. Church officials say it may take five years to go through the process of taking new legislation to a final vote.