- Flavourful twist to sugar cakes Read More
- BEHIND THE HEADLINES: Education as an economic platform Read More
- WI rout is on Read More
- Infrared shines bright at Garrison Read More
- TONI THORNE: So you’re not into Crop Over? Really . . . Read More
- FAZEER MOHAMMED: Defensive posturing Read More
- De MC and Summa are new junior Monarchs Read More
LONDON (AP) — The Church of England's governing body has narrowly blocked a move to permit women to serve as bishops. Following a day-long debate today, opponents mustered enough support to deny the necessary two-thirds majority among lay members of the General Synod. Church officials say it may take five years to go through the process of taking new legislation to a final vote.