- ON THE RIGHT: Nipping insurance risks in the bud Read More
- ON THE LEFT: Saving consumers from insurance risk Read More
- Punches fly as boxers thrill Sea Rocks crowd Read More
- Napsac hurdle Read More
- Willie Lynch very much alive Read More
- WHAT MATTERS MOST: Questioning attitude, ability Read More
- Marking 50 in style Read More
LONDON (AP) — The Church of England's governing body has narrowly blocked a move to permit women to serve as bishops. Following a day-long debate today, opponents mustered enough support to deny the necessary two-thirds majority among lay members of the General Synod. Church officials say it may take five years to go through the process of taking new legislation to a final vote.