- BEC: Low productivity is everyone’s problem Read More
- TOURISM MATTERS: Tourism is the answer to problems Read More
- Barbados find going tough in hockey Read More
- Pride feel pressure Read More
- EDITORIAL: Act now to stamp out squatting Read More
- ALL AH WE IS ONE: Co-opted unionists Read More
- Ballroom Brilliance Read More
LONDON (AP) — The Church of England's governing body has narrowly blocked a move to permit women to serve as bishops. Following a day-long debate today, opponents mustered enough support to deny the necessary two-thirds majority among lay members of the General Synod. Church officials say it may take five years to go through the process of taking new legislation to a final vote.