- CIBC FirstCaribbean appoints new private wealth investment advisor Read More
- Spotlight on issues affecting females in the workforce Read More
- Regional Under-15 tournament a platform for future stars Read More
- Coach LeSaldo making impact Read More
- A dream or nightmare? Read More
- Welcome to a different place Read More
- NCF calls for judges in the arts Read More
Millions of people around the world have already seen a sneak preview of a new Barbados tourism campaign featuring Rihanna. The Barbadian singing sensation has already posted images on her social media feeds including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram using the hashtag #Barbados. The multi-platinum singer has 63 million followers on Twitter, more than 63 million fans on Facebook and almost three million fans on Instagram. A release from the Barbados Tourism Authority noted that within a few hours of posting images on her image-sharing Instagram app and saying ‘look out for my sneak peek of the tourism campaign for Barbados’ Rihanna had generated more than half a million likes and several thousand comments. Chairman of the BTA Adrian Elcock said: “We’re delighted to announce that the next phase of our strategic relationship with Rihanna has had such an immediate impact and we look forward to unveiling more details of our new campaign in the next few weeks. It is clear from every conversation we have had with our major travel partners that, in a time of economic austerity, we need to be creative to gain cut through in global markets. Our work with Rihanna will be a ground-breaking and world-leading social media initiative to give our nation a huge competitive advantage.” A release from the BTA stated that full details of the Rihanna campaign will be launched later this month to fittingly coincide with the island’s Independence celebrations.