- Murray survives US Open scare Read More
- NSC shortage Read More
- Tuach reaches final 4 in spain Read More
- STREET BEAT: Schools sport fresh look Read More
- IT MATTERS TO MARIA: 8 years, no home Read More
- THE LOWDOWN: Monkey do too Read More
- Feel the beat Read More
- Barbados gearing up for CARIFESTA XIII Read More
- Bajan films a hit at CARIFESTA Read More
- Mum’s body found Read More
- Resistance Read More
- Store workers still ‘not safe’ Read More
- Progress at what cost? Read More
- Covering classic cars Read More
- IDB: ‘Modest’ growth Read More
Lilian Burrowes is Barbados’ newest centenarian.
She received a visit today from Governor General Sir Clifford Husbands, as she celebrated her birthday with friends and family.
Burrowes, in her younger days, was well known in the Roach Village, St George community having been a needle worker and a small entrepreneur.
The centenarian told Sir Clifford of her days of baking bread and making fish cakes to sell to those in the area.
The centenarian’s only ailment is arthritis, and she prides herself in still being able to bathe and dress herself. (CT)