- Khadijah’s special touch Read More
- AS I SEE THINGS: Institutional reforms and the public interest Read More
- Mayers brothers back Read More
- King: US Open tops my list Read More
- HEATHER-LYNN’S HABITAT: Beach work ‘endangers’ turtles Read More
- EDITORIAL: Before the fruit can be multiplied consider this . . . Read More
- Birth of a Nation slavery movie stumbles in Hollywood Read More
Lilian Burrowes is Barbados’ newest centenarian.
She received a visit today from Governor General Sir Clifford Husbands, as she celebrated her birthday with friends and family.
Burrowes, in her younger days, was well known in the Roach Village, St George community having been a needle worker and a small entrepreneur.
The centenarian told Sir Clifford of her days of baking bread and making fish cakes to sell to those in the area.
The centenarian’s only ailment is arthritis, and she prides herself in still being able to bathe and dress herself. (CT)