- ON THE RIGHT: No easy solution to water crisis Read More
- ON THE LEFT: Water woes a global issue Read More
- Pinelands and Cavs advance Read More
- Back in court Read More
- EDITORIAL: Queen’s Park facelift a timely effort Read More
- AWRIGHT DEN!: Baygon and the plastic bag Read More
- Faiths meet At The Cross Read More
Lilian Burrowes is Barbados’ newest centenarian.
She received a visit today from Governor General Sir Clifford Husbands, as she celebrated her birthday with friends and family.
Burrowes, in her younger days, was well known in the Roach Village, St George community having been a needle worker and a small entrepreneur.
The centenarian told Sir Clifford of her days of baking bread and making fish cakes to sell to those in the area.
The centenarian’s only ailment is arthritis, and she prides herself in still being able to bathe and dress herself. (CT)