- ON THE RIGHT: Production challenges persist Read More
- ON THE LEFT: Role for regional milk producers Read More
- Wildey win in T&T Read More
- Lodge Road, St Martin’s in final Read More
- DEAR CHRISTINE: He doesn’t want me to move in Read More
- WHAT MATTERS MOST: Understanding money creation Read More
- RiRi set to conquer Ocean’s Read More
Lilian Burrowes is Barbados’ newest centenarian.
She received a visit today from Governor General Sir Clifford Husbands, as she celebrated her birthday with friends and family.
Burrowes, in her younger days, was well known in the Roach Village, St George community having been a needle worker and a small entrepreneur.
The centenarian told Sir Clifford of her days of baking bread and making fish cakes to sell to those in the area.
The centenarian’s only ailment is arthritis, and she prides herself in still being able to bathe and dress herself. (CT)