- Australia turn tables on New Zealand in World Cup final Read More
- Auditors hit WICB for six Read More
- Tough day for local juniors Read More
- AL GILKES: The lure of a good soup Read More
- GET REAL: Will we be igrunt or positive? Read More
- JEFF BROOMES: Five pillars to a good educator Read More
- Carnival throws motorists for a loop Read More
- Weekend Buzz March 27, 2015 Read More
- Russian military TV station offers job to Jeremy Clarkson Read More
- MISSING: Akeem Kennedy Read More
- MISSING: Meleah Akliah Kelly-Marshall Read More
- Big bucks in orchids, says Estwick Read More
- Smart move with smart grids Read More
- BEHIND THE HEADLINES: Privatisation may not be enough Read More
- Closing down CLICO ‘best option’ Read More
Lilian Burrowes is Barbados’ newest centenarian.
She received a visit today from Governor General Sir Clifford Husbands, as she celebrated her birthday with friends and family.
Burrowes, in her younger days, was well known in the Roach Village, St George community having been a needle worker and a small entrepreneur.
The centenarian told Sir Clifford of her days of baking bread and making fish cakes to sell to those in the area.
The centenarian’s only ailment is arthritis, and she prides herself in still being able to bathe and dress herself. (CT)