- 3-1 victory puts Bajans in hockey final Read More
- Ex-racer hails Bushy Park Read More
- Easy job for Holder, Griffith Read More
- FLYING FISH & COU COU: Headcount a hard one Read More
- MAVIS BECKLES: Happy Independence? Read More
- EDITORIAL: Fighting the gun/drugs menace Read More
- Weekend Buzz November 27, 2015 Read More
- Five groups in dance-off Read More
- Film, video in NIFCA spotlight Read More
- In the pipeline Read More
- BWU’s warning Read More
- Thompson’s last march Read More
- Jump in fly-cruise tourism expected Read More
- Strictly Barbadian Read More
- Co-ops out to share costs Read More
Lilian Burrowes is Barbados’ newest centenarian.
She received a visit today from Governor General Sir Clifford Husbands, as she celebrated her birthday with friends and family.
Burrowes, in her younger days, was well known in the Roach Village, St George community having been a needle worker and a small entrepreneur.
The centenarian told Sir Clifford of her days of baking bread and making fish cakes to sell to those in the area.
The centenarian’s only ailment is arthritis, and she prides herself in still being able to bathe and dress herself. (CT)