- Heroic Holder Read More
- Holder saves the day Read More
- Recall Webster, urges Sir Everton Read More
- EDITORIAL: Graduates must repay loans Read More
- PUDDING & SOUSE: Moving up, not out Read More
- MAVIS BECKLES: Well, what next? Read More
- Gully Bop ready to put on a show Read More
- Weekend Buzz April 17, 2015 Read More
- Winners brought full package Read More
- Bike brakes Read More
- AG: Full support Read More
- New school fills void Read More
- LIAT nears completion of fleet upgrade with arrival of 9th ATR Read More
- Fair trading and competition Read More
- TOURISM MATTERS: Benefits in revenue control Read More
Lilian Burrowes is Barbados’ newest centenarian.
She received a visit today from Governor General Sir Clifford Husbands, as she celebrated her birthday with friends and family.
Burrowes, in her younger days, was well known in the Roach Village, St George community having been a needle worker and a small entrepreneur.
The centenarian told Sir Clifford of her days of baking bread and making fish cakes to sell to those in the area.
The centenarian’s only ailment is arthritis, and she prides herself in still being able to bathe and dress herself. (CT)