- Wrong turn Read More
- President calls for more support for Bajan Gems Read More
- Husbands second in feature race Read More
- STREET BEAT: Security not an easy job Read More
- IT MATTERS TO MARIA: Mother hemmed-in Read More
- LOOKA LEW: A valuable lesson Read More
- Pure Bacchanal Read More
- VIDEO: Highlights Scotiabank Junior Calypso Monarch Read More
- VIDEO: Pic-O-De-Crop Finalists Read More
- Go-slow ends Read More
- Action-packed weekend Read More
- More lashes for BRA over US tax act Read More
- Key steps being taken to comply with FATCA Read More
- ON THE RIGHT: Good for growing crops and fruit Read More
- ON THE LEFT: Untapped potential in seaweed farming Read More
Lilian Burrowes is Barbados’ newest centenarian.
She received a visit today from Governor General Sir Clifford Husbands, as she celebrated her birthday with friends and family.
Burrowes, in her younger days, was well known in the Roach Village, St George community having been a needle worker and a small entrepreneur.
The centenarian told Sir Clifford of her days of baking bread and making fish cakes to sell to those in the area.
The centenarian’s only ailment is arthritis, and she prides herself in still being able to bathe and dress herself. (CT)