- Bajan goal rush Read More
- Monarchs semis clashes tonight Read More
- New draughts twist Read More
- ALL AH WE IS ONE: Cameron’s prison Read More
- DEAR CHRISTINE: She’s too close for my comfort Read More
- EDITORIAL: We must never forget 1976 act of terror Read More
- Son of a Trump: Mexican comedians hit back in insult-laden show Read More
- ‘One people’ united for a cause Read More
- Sam Smith tops charts with James Bond theme Read More
- Several activities planned to observe Statistics Week Read More
- NATION Newscast: October 6, 2015 Read More
- Students get insights into international business Read More
- Sagicor Life launches insurance product Read More
- Hard talk on pitfalls of small business Read More
- The money laundering organism Read More
Lilian Burrowes is Barbados’ newest centenarian.
She received a visit today from Governor General Sir Clifford Husbands, as she celebrated her birthday with friends and family.
Burrowes, in her younger days, was well known in the Roach Village, St George community having been a needle worker and a small entrepreneur.
The centenarian told Sir Clifford of her days of baking bread and making fish cakes to sell to those in the area.
The centenarian’s only ailment is arthritis, and she prides herself in still being able to bathe and dress herself. (CT)