- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Wheelchair warriors a hit Read More
- Latapy ‘on board’ Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
Close to 7 000 passengers were welcomed into the Bridgetown Port today as one of the world’s largest cruise ships Queen Elizabeth, along with four other ships, came calling. In welcoming the crew of the Queen Elizabeth, on its inaugural trip, Minister of Tourism Richard Sealy expressed joy and pride that Barbados was able to accommodate the largest vessels in the world without having to use the method of years ago, where ships berthed offshore and passengers were ferried to port. Queen Elizabeth Captain Julian Burgess did not hide his obvious love affair with Barbados and he confessed that like many of his passengers he viewed Barbados as home. Explorer Of The Seas, Crystal Serenity and home porters Wind Surf and Royal Clipper were the other ships which are docked in the port for Boxing Day.