- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Slow pace at Classic Read More
- Gayle quitting One-Dayers after WC Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Rap scores Grammy breakthrough while girl power rules awards show Read More
THERE ARE STILL TOO MANY PEOPLE operating in the insurance industry in Barbados who are not fully trained. It is a concern for Wismar Greaves, outgoing managing director of the Insurance Corporation of Barbados Limited (ICBL), who said it was one weakness of the sector that he wanted to have addressed as a matter of urgency. Greaves, who has headed ICBL for almost 18 years, said: “I think that for too long we in Barbados have had a situation where life insurance companies have not been training enough people in insurance. “More people need to be trained in life insurance and motor insurance as well. The Insurance Institute of Barbados has done a marvellous job in training people in the insurance industry, but I think that there are too many people in the industry who are not getting themselves qualified.” (GE) Full story in today’s SATURDAY SUN.