- Energy efficiency utility wanted Read More
- AS I SEE THINGS: The entrepreneurial state – Part 1 Read More
- Kelly’s quest Read More
- Colts are cricket kings Read More
- MAVIS BECKLES: Tiefing frustrating the farmers Read More
- PUDDING & SOUSE: Pastor a prey warrior Read More
- Weekend Buzz April 29, 2016 Read More
MASTER OF CEREMONIES Vic Fernandes told Carols By Candlelight fans not to expect any rain, but the rain came. He was so busy spreading cheer that he forgot to tell them to light their candles, but they did anyway. None of these things dampened spirits when the annual event was held last Sunday at Ilaro Court. People had begun trekking into the forecourt for the event, in its 17th year under the Rotary Club of Barbados, more than an hour before the scheduled start, to secure spots for collapsible chairs and spread blankets. Some flowed down the hill, toting their duffel bags and picnic baskets.