- 10-MINUTE MANAGER: Darone Brathwaite Read More
- TOURISM MATTERS: Them and us: levelling the playing field Read More
- Badminton finals thrilling Read More
- No to rule change Read More
- Win-win solution for containers Read More
- DEAR CHRISTINE: Boss wants to have sex with me Read More
- Moonlight wins Best Picture Award Read More
MASTER OF CEREMONIES Vic Fernandes told Carols By Candlelight fans not to expect any rain, but the rain came. He was so busy spreading cheer that he forgot to tell them to light their candles, but they did anyway. None of these things dampened spirits when the annual event was held last Sunday at Ilaro Court. People had begun trekking into the forecourt for the event, in its 17th year under the Rotary Club of Barbados, more than an hour before the scheduled start, to secure spots for collapsible chairs and spread blankets. Some flowed down the hill, toting their duffel bags and picnic baskets.