- TOURISM MATTERS: Package deals the popular option Read More
- Bidding for Black Bess development? Read More
- Windies facing another loss Read More
- Walcott wraps up sixth title Read More
- DEAR CHRISTINE: Mind and soul belong to my ex Read More
- EDITORIAL: Haiti remains an urgent project Read More
- Seven up for Miss Teen Barbados Read More
MASTER OF CEREMONIES Vic Fernandes told Carols By Candlelight fans not to expect any rain, but the rain came. He was so busy spreading cheer that he forgot to tell them to light their candles, but they did anyway. None of these things dampened spirits when the annual event was held last Sunday at Ilaro Court. People had begun trekking into the forecourt for the event, in its 17th year under the Rotary Club of Barbados, more than an hour before the scheduled start, to secure spots for collapsible chairs and spread blankets. Some flowed down the hill, toting their duffel bags and picnic baskets.