- Region must err on the side of caution Read More
- AS I SEE THINGS: Surviving in a dynamic world Read More
- Young West Indies in Under-19 semi-finals Read More
- Broncos win Super Bowl 50 Read More
- EDITORIAL: Humane fix needed to solve squatting Read More
- WILD COOT: Wary Banks Read More
- Touched by 100% Bajan backing Read More
MASTER OF CEREMONIES Vic Fernandes told Carols By Candlelight fans not to expect any rain, but the rain came. He was so busy spreading cheer that he forgot to tell them to light their candles, but they did anyway. None of these things dampened spirits when the annual event was held last Sunday at Ilaro Court. People had begun trekking into the forecourt for the event, in its 17th year under the Rotary Club of Barbados, more than an hour before the scheduled start, to secure spots for collapsible chairs and spread blankets. Some flowed down the hill, toting their duffel bags and picnic baskets.