- BlackBerry rally derailed as investors lose patience on turnaround Read More
- Iran in talks to buy 48 Airbus helicopters report says Read More
- Laurando hits hat-trick Read More
- King’s ace Read More
- Embrace moves to ditch plastics Read More
- Countering the professor Read More
- When talent shines Read More
KINGSTON, Jamaica, Dec 13, CMC – The Caribbean Court of Justice (CCJ) will hear the Shanique Myrie lawsuit against the Barbados government on March 4 next year. It’s the first time the regional court will sit in Jamaica. The trial date was set at a case management conference Wednesday by video link established between the CCJ Headquarters in Port of Spain and the Supreme Court of Jamaica in Kingston. The CCJ judges said the first part of the case will run until March 12 and the second part of the hearing will be held in Barbados from March 18-22. Following this, lawyers will make oral submissions in Trinidad from April 8-9. Myrie, a Jamaican national has claimed that she was sexually assaulted and subjected to derogatory remarks by a Barbadian Immigration officer at the Grantley Adams International Airport on March 14 last year. Myrie is asking the CCJ to determine the minimum standard of treatment applicable to CARICOM citizens moving around the region. Back in April, the CCJ granted Myrie special leave to bring her case against Barbados.