- TOURISM MATTERS: Package deals the popular option Read More
- Bidding for Black Bess development? Read More
- Hamilton starts up front in US Grand Prix Read More
- Gabriel's best Read More
- RON IN COMMON: Time for creative solutions Read More
- GET REAL: Education system crying for help Read More
- New and old Prince music to be released Read More
Although things have been tight financially due to the economic downturn there are Barbadians who are making sure that their Christmas will not be dull and gloomy. Carson Nurse is one of them. Every Christmas he decorates his Edey Village, Christ Church front lawn with lighted designs for the joy of his wife, Evelyn. “My wife says she likes to see them. Plus, other people come sometimes and take pictures,” he told the WEEKEND NATION. “I started the second week of November and I have been at it off and on,” he said. When he is finished, his son, a Barbados Light & Power employee, will make the connections. Nurse invited the WEEKEND NATION to return and see this year’s display once the switch is thrown. (CA) Here, Nurse is arranging lights on this tree.