- 10-MINUTE MANAGER: Shad Spencer Read More
- THE HOYOS FILE: Celebrating Tourism Week with the best team ever Read More
- Good move to include youth, says Ramdin Read More
- Whitewashed Read More
- EDITORIAL: Mergers way to go for credit unions Read More
- FAMILY FUSION: Spiritual wellness promotes growth Read More
- Crop Fusion ticket buyers can collect refunds Read More
Although things have been tight financially due to the economic downturn there are Barbadians who are making sure that their Christmas will not be dull and gloomy. Carson Nurse is one of them. Every Christmas he decorates his Edey Village, Christ Church front lawn with lighted designs for the joy of his wife, Evelyn. “My wife says she likes to see them. Plus, other people come sometimes and take pictures,” he told the WEEKEND NATION. “I started the second week of November and I have been at it off and on,” he said. When he is finished, his son, a Barbados Light & Power employee, will make the connections. Nurse invited the WEEKEND NATION to return and see this year’s display once the switch is thrown. (CA) Here, Nurse is arranging lights on this tree.