- ON THE RIGHT: More than fiscal measures needed Read More
- ON THE LEFT: New type of austerity measures needed Read More
- WICB preparing for Under-19 World Championship Read More
- West Indies can go past India in T20 rankings Read More
- DEAR CHRISTINE: Why can’t I get a boyfriend? Read More
- HEATHER-LYNN’S HABITAT: Beach work ‘endangers’ turtles Read More
- VIDEO: Party Monarch Finals 2016 Read More
Although things have been tight financially due to the economic downturn there are Barbadians who are making sure that their Christmas will not be dull and gloomy. Carson Nurse is one of them. Every Christmas he decorates his Edey Village, Christ Church front lawn with lighted designs for the joy of his wife, Evelyn. “My wife says she likes to see them. Plus, other people come sometimes and take pictures,” he told the WEEKEND NATION. “I started the second week of November and I have been at it off and on,” he said. When he is finished, his son, a Barbados Light & Power employee, will make the connections. Nurse invited the WEEKEND NATION to return and see this year’s display once the switch is thrown. (CA) Here, Nurse is arranging lights on this tree.