- FTC issues two decisions Read More
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Mottley against clean sweep Read More
- Call for mini-stadiums Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mandela arrives for visit with PM and Buju show Read More
British American Insurance Company (BAICO) and CLICO may face a class action suit in the near future brought by the Barbados Investors and Policyholders Alliance Inc (BIPA). Chairman June Fowler said this was their ultimate goal. “There are several steps we need to take before we get to that point but that will be our ultimate goal as the only recourse we seem to have right now is the court,” she said. Fowler was speaking to the WEEKEND NATION Wednesday night after an extraordinary general meeting, the first meeting since BIPA had been approved as an incorporated body, held in the Anne Johnson Auditorium, St Gabriel’s School, Collymore Rock, St Michael. BIPA was established to represent aggrieved CLICO/BAICO policyholders in their campaign to get their money back from the troubled insurance companies. It now has almost 300 registered members. Read the full story in today's WEEKEND NATION.