- St Lucia’s Prime Minister proposes new US Caribbean trade initiative Read More
- C&W announces partial restoration of mobile network In Dominica Read More
- Spartan win in two days Read More
- Bennett burns Nurse in the Sauna Read More
- To whom much is given . . . Read More
- Arch Cot folk want answers, Mr Minister Read More
- British actor Colin Firth gets dual Italian citizenship after Brexit vote Read More
LOUD! The name of Rihanna’s world tour adequately described the experience at the biggest show to come to Barbados to date. It took a long time in coming, but Rihanna’s first major showing in her hometown was definitely well worth the wait. Fans had to wait well over an hour to see the star last night, but from the time she took to the stage singing Only Girl (In The World), through the seven wardrobe changes, down to Umbrella at the end was gripping. From the endless hits including S&M, Man Down, So Hard, Pon De Replay and Unfaithful; the spectacular stage and props to her playing a solo piece on drums, the girl who grew up in nearby Westbury Road was awesome. And based on reports of her on-stage behaviour at shows outside of Barbados, it seemed like she toned down her act for her home crowd. The dynamics were very much on point, however. Full story in today’s SATURDAY SUN.