- Khadijah’s special touch Read More
- AS I SEE THINGS: Institutional reforms and the public interest Read More
- Beefy Belle, regal Ramona Read More
- King-size qualifier Read More
- OUR CARIBBEAN: America’s historic poll battle Read More
- FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH: Good, bad, puzzling Read More
- VIDEO: Junior Kadooment 2016 Read More
LOUD! The name of Rihanna’s world tour adequately described the experience at the biggest show to come to Barbados to date. It took a long time in coming, but Rihanna’s first major showing in her hometown was definitely well worth the wait. Fans had to wait well over an hour to see the star last night, but from the time she took to the stage singing Only Girl (In The World), through the seven wardrobe changes, down to Umbrella at the end was gripping. From the endless hits including S&M, Man Down, So Hard, Pon De Replay and Unfaithful; the spectacular stage and props to her playing a solo piece on drums, the girl who grew up in nearby Westbury Road was awesome. And based on reports of her on-stage behaviour at shows outside of Barbados, it seemed like she toned down her act for her home crowd. The dynamics were very much on point, however. Full story in today’s SATURDAY SUN.