- ON THE RIGHT: Scarce water has economic cost Read More
- ON THE LEFT: Drought a worldwide problem Read More
- King upset Read More
- Simmons sacking ‘led to confusion’ Read More
- WHAT MATTERS MOST: The interest rate gap Read More
- EDITORIAL: Countdown to Independence celebrations Read More
- Chinese DJs bringing ‘sunset’ beat Read More
The Nation’s Associate Editor, Sherie Holder-Olutayo takes a look at what’s trending today in Barbados. With the election two days away, politics seems to be on everyone’s hearts and minds. Whether they are commenting on the political meetings to tourism issues, to the recent passing of Sir Branford Taitt, our online readers have plenty to say when it comes to the upcoming election. Sharon Sealy: Where are the tourists that were supposed to be bombarding Barbados after the amount of money spent by the BTA using Rihanna as their trump card. Trevor Weatherhead: Rihanna is a brand and an Ambassador in her right for Barbados, the biggest Media Mogul came to Barbados to interview her Oprah Winfrey, there is no way that the Barbados Government could have paid for 60 minutes in advertising which is millions of dollars in prime time and viewership. The Government must look to open tourism markets, don't you see what the British have done, pulled the plug. Donna Burnett: All roads don’t lead to Brazil either. Our online readers weighed in on the death of Sir Branford Taitt. Margaret Ross: God's speed and safe travels. You will be missed. Sandra Jones: He was a charming politcian.....may he r.i.p...