- Energy efficiency utility wanted Read More
- AS I SEE THINGS: The entrepreneurial state – Part 1 Read More
- Kelly’s quest Read More
- Colts are cricket kings Read More
- MAVIS BECKLES: Tiefing frustrating the farmers Read More
- PUDDING & SOUSE: Pastor a prey warrior Read More
- Weekend Buzz April 29, 2016 Read More
ST. GEORGE’S, Grenada, Feb 20, CMC – Leader of the New National Party (NNP) Dr. Keith Mitchell was sworn in as prime minister of this Caribbean Community (CARICOM) country less than 24 hours after his party swept aside the National Democratic Congress (NDC) in general elections in Grenada. Mitchell, 65, a mathematician, becomes the island’s ninth prime minister since attainting political independence from Britain 39 years ago. He served as prime minister for 13 years prior to 2008 when the NNP was defeated by an 11-4 margin by the NDC. But Mitchell on Tuesday led the NNP to a clean sweep of the elections. As he took the oath of office before Governor General Sir Carlyle Glean, Mitchell repeated the message he gave supporters on Tuesday night that his administration would seek to unite the entire country following the six-week campaign. Friday has been declared a public holiday to commemorate the NNP’s electoral victory.