- BARBADOS' BEST EMPLOYERS: Human capital holds the key Read More
- Push for gender equality Read More
- Eight Russians now positive from London Olympics after retesting Read More
- Driving for perfection Read More
- JEFF BROOMES: What teachers should know Read More
- Report shows up flaws in procedures Read More
- Barbadian music, fashion on display in Toronto Read More
The Nation’s Associate Editor, Sherie Holder-Olutayo takes a look at what’s trending today in Barbados. Today is election day in Barbados and almost 248,000 people are eligible to vote. The past three weeks have seen a highly charged election campaign, but everything comes down to today. Several of our online readers weighed in on this issue. Alejuandro Tezu: People's Just go out and vote. If you don't vote and whoever gets in power you have no say in the matter. Poetry Dancer: May the best man win. Peter Lee: Do the right thing this morning. Don’t get tie up with greed. The money you get to vote can’t last forever. It’s money in your pocket sure but at what cost , as they say the love of money is the root of all evil. We all need money. Keep trusting in God and things will come your way whatever little you have now just thank God for it. Don’t be like the dog and the bone. Good luck to all today. Diana Cummins: I hope when all of whom are speaking vote red things dread,when things get real dread you don't complain. You all just like the boy who cried wolf. Should be thanking God,that despite the harsh economy over the world Barbados is doing great ..bunch of ungrateful people. Robin Love: If DLP wins I feel sorry for you bajans - if you think times are hard now, just wait.