- TOURISM MATTERS: Package deals the popular option Read More
- Bidding for Black Bess development? Read More
- Hamilton cuts Rosberg’s lead Read More
- Hamilton starts up front in US Grand Prix Read More
- RON IN COMMON: Time for creative solutions Read More
- Let’s clean up our attitudes too Read More
- Seven up for Miss Teen Barbados Read More
A very upbeat leader of the Barbados Labour Party (BLP) and former Prime Minister Owen Arthur says his party has “an excellent chance of winning” today’s General Elections. And if his party does win, Monday will be a public holiday, Arthur promised. It was just after 10 a.m. that Arthur’s sleek black hired Range Rover bearing him and his wife Julie, rolled onto the West Terrace Primary School. Dressed in black slacks and white shirt, a smiling Arthur joked with reporters before entering Class 2-Gibbs where he and his wife cast their ballots. Moments later he told reporters campaign 2013 was the “best organized campaign that the Barbados Labour Party has mounted in my 28 years”. Check Election Centre 2013 for the latest election news, photographs and videos. Also check the Nation's Facebook page for pictures from polling stations across the island.