- ON THE RIGHT: Inadequate standards hurting potential Read More
- ON THE LEFT: Standards make the world of difference Read More
- Coaching boost for NSC Read More
- Sauna Heats tame Lions Read More
- IN THE PUBLIC INTEREST: St Lucy folk too long in misery Read More
- EDITORIAL: Jamaica’s overtures a benefit to all Read More
- Crop Over competition deadlines Read More
Carl Hinds, 41, knows just how frustrating it can be waiting for the settlement of an insurance claim. The Sinckler Road, Haggatt Hall, St Michael resident said he was parked on Bibby’s Lane, St Michael, in his ZM taxi with ten passengers on August 2, 2013, when a vehicle ran into the back of his van, sending it “about ten feet forward”. He said it was clear the other driver was wrong. Hinds is the father of nine children and one grandchild – who all depend on him. The vehicle he was driving was his source of income and he now has unplanned medical expenses as a result of the accident. Out of frustration Hinds called the DAILY NATION to plead with insurance companies to move with haste in settling vehicular accident claims. He said in his case he believed waiting for a police report was not necessary.