- Pride and industry Read More
- BEC: The importance of CVQs in your recruitment drive Read More
- White blasts his way to win Read More
- Levi books ticket to Rio Read More
- EDITORIAL: White Hill – beyond the emotion Read More
- THE ‘NETTE EFFECT: Story of a lost ‘brother’ Read More
- Minister of Culture lauds Rihanna Read More
Carl Hinds, 41, knows just how frustrating it can be waiting for the settlement of an insurance claim. The Sinckler Road, Haggatt Hall, St Michael resident said he was parked on Bibby’s Lane, St Michael, in his ZM taxi with ten passengers on August 2, 2013, when a vehicle ran into the back of his van, sending it “about ten feet forward”. He said it was clear the other driver was wrong. Hinds is the father of nine children and one grandchild – who all depend on him. The vehicle he was driving was his source of income and he now has unplanned medical expenses as a result of the accident. Out of frustration Hinds called the DAILY NATION to plead with insurance companies to move with haste in settling vehicular accident claims. He said in his case he believed waiting for a police report was not necessary.