- ON THE RIGHT: Nipping insurance risks in the bud Read More
- ON THE LEFT: Saving consumers from insurance risk Read More
- Punches fly as boxers thrill Sea Rocks crowd Read More
- Napsac hurdle Read More
- Willie Lynch very much alive Read More
- WHAT MATTERS MOST: Questioning attitude, ability Read More
- Marking 50 in style Read More
Carl Hinds, 41, knows just how frustrating it can be waiting for the settlement of an insurance claim. The Sinckler Road, Haggatt Hall, St Michael resident said he was parked on Bibby’s Lane, St Michael, in his ZM taxi with ten passengers on August 2, 2013, when a vehicle ran into the back of his van, sending it “about ten feet forward”. He said it was clear the other driver was wrong. Hinds is the father of nine children and one grandchild – who all depend on him. The vehicle he was driving was his source of income and he now has unplanned medical expenses as a result of the accident. Out of frustration Hinds called the DAILY NATION to plead with insurance companies to move with haste in settling vehicular accident claims. He said in his case he believed waiting for a police report was not necessary.