- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Stoute loses Pride of place again Read More
- Skier bags silver for Barbados Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Rap scores Grammy breakthrough while girl power rules awards show Read More
Help us, Barrow, help us! This was the chant sounded yesterday by a number of students of the University of the West Indies Cave Hill Campus, as they stood in Independence Square by the statue of the Father of Independence Errol Barrow – the man credited with widening free education in Barbados. They “called on” Barrow for help as they ended a protest through The City, demanding Government review its recent decision to make Barbadian students pay the full tuition fee from the 2014 academic year. (AH) Here, students and supporters standing under Barrow’s statue with placards in hand as they chant their call for help.