- Barbados, Symmonds, recognised at World Travel Market Read More
- Making monumental impact Read More
- WIPA, CWI launch health insurance for players Read More
- ‘Bring back Thompson football’ Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- World stage awaits artists Read More
Help us, Barrow, help us! This was the chant sounded yesterday by a number of students of the University of the West Indies Cave Hill Campus, as they stood in Independence Square by the statue of the Father of Independence Errol Barrow – the man credited with widening free education in Barbados. They “called on” Barrow for help as they ended a protest through The City, demanding Government review its recent decision to make Barbadian students pay the full tuition fee from the 2014 academic year. (AH) Here, students and supporters standing under Barrow’s statue with placards in hand as they chant their call for help.