- No comfort in CIBC comment on downgrade Read More
- TOURISM MATTERS: Opportunities aplenty with new airlift Read More
- Atletico back in Champions League final Read More
- Flame lands in Brazil for three month relay to Games Read More
- EDITORIAL: Brainstorm on problems of ageing society Read More
- THE ‘NETTE EFFECT: Ribbing could ease the tension Read More
- Drake joins Forbes list of top five richest hip-hop stars Read More
The Godfather of Bajan gospel music Joseph Niles is ailing, with memory lapses and some difficulties in communicating. This was confirmed by his wife Beverley who has called for worried fans not to try to contact the 71-year-old singer, but to continue praying for him. She said: “I know that Joseph’s music has been an inspiration for many and Barbadians would have wished to see him continue to minister with his usual unique and embracing style, but since 2009 his recall has deteriorated considerably. “There have been many medical consultations locally and abroad, but there still has not been any improvement in his ability to recall events and he is unable to communicate in the engaging manner for which he is known.” Read the full story in today's DAILY NATION.