- ON THE RIGHT: Harmonious regional growth is possible Read More
- ON THE LEFT: Competitiveness a recipe for growth Read More
- No Rio! Read More
- BCA writes off members’ debt Read More
- YUH GAWH BE KIDDIN’: A whole $280 for a fete? Read More
- EDITORIAL: Bishop Gordon hit bullseye on guns Read More
- Roadblock for Day Two jump Read More
The Godfather of Bajan gospel music Joseph Niles is ailing, with memory lapses and some difficulties in communicating. This was confirmed by his wife Beverley who has called for worried fans not to try to contact the 71-year-old singer, but to continue praying for him. She said: “I know that Joseph’s music has been an inspiration for many and Barbadians would have wished to see him continue to minister with his usual unique and embracing style, but since 2009 his recall has deteriorated considerably. “There have been many medical consultations locally and abroad, but there still has not been any improvement in his ability to recall events and he is unable to communicate in the engaging manner for which he is known.” Read the full story in today's DAILY NATION.